Basilisk Themes?

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Basilisk Themes?

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-10-07, 18:48

Good Day Folks,

I can't find any ETAs on this, but is there a plan to make Basilisk Themeable? Currently I only see the one Holloween theme available for Basilisk on the Themes page?

Thanks
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Basilisk Themes?

Unread post by vannilla » 2022-10-07, 19:44

I believe Basilisk can already have themes in virtue of being an UXP application. The main developer can give more technical details.
You might want to ask this question instead: "will theme authors target Basilisk too, eventually?"

Basilisk-Dev
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Basilisk Themes?

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-10-08, 11:34

Basilisk is fully themeable in the same way that most other UXP applications are. There were actually more themes than just the halloween theme listed on the addons site in the past, but some theme/addon developers removed support for Basilisk in their themes and addons when Moonchild originally discontinued Basilisk development and they never reinstated that support. I've opened some issues for this and submitted a few PRs for some browser extensions that I use to reintroduce Basilisk support but haven't had much luck on getting those devs to reinstate the support.

The CAA addon did not archive any themes unfortunately. However, it does seem that this snapshot of the Mozilla addons site does have many themes that were originally intended to be used with Firefox 52. I did some testing and some of the themes there do work with Basilisk, you will have to do some testing on your own to see if the themes you like from that link will work. The "Add to Firefox" button on the pages was greyed out, but I was still able to click it and could download the theme files regardless.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756