newbie uestion : howto install addons in basilisk ?

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

knabbjolf

newbie uestion : howto install addons in basilisk ?

Unread post by knabbjolf » 2021-11-12, 09:54

Hej.
I just found palemoon and basilisk.
Basilisk is interesting because of more features but I cant find instructions for correct usage, for example installing extensions. In palemooon I have a simple install button for any extension but not in basilisk. I have set allow addons in basilisk permissions. I do notice the "install from file" function but need information as what file from where if so. I have found other things to ask about but before asking I want to read up instructions how to use basilisk, for example global control of location and camera access instead of site specific, Im sure there is somewhere, I just cant find it. I have searched through forum and read posts for an hour and now I dont have more time to waste on these simple topics so try asking.

Soo...could someone please link to instructions for newbies to execute simple operations as installing addons, global access settings etc ?

Basilisk version 2021.09.27.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: newbie uestion : howto install addons in basilisk ?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-12, 10:27

1. Open the Add-ons manager (hamburger menu -> add-ons)
  2. Select the "Get Add-ons" tab on the top left
  3. Choose which site you want to visit (basilisk add-ons site should be your primary choice)
    That will take you to https://addons.basilisk-browser.org/
  4. Select the type of add-on you want in the top menu (them/extension/etc) or use search
  5. Navigate the site to find the add-on you want
  6. Click the appropriate button to add to Basilisk
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite