2021.07.19 issue with Chaturbate

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

2021.07.19 issue with Chaturbate

Unread post by Couperin » 2021-07-22, 17:07

Since the update to latest version Basilisk has an issue with Chaturbate that I can't troubleshoot: Even in sate mode it loads any page (sometimes completely, sometimes almost completely but in either case it instantly locks up solid stuck at 15% cpu usage and nothing except end task in task manager will close it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: 2021.07.19 issue with Chaturbate

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-22, 17:27

Well I'm not going to visit that site so i can't help you.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Leifman
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Leifman » 2021-07-22, 20:14

I think what he is trying to report is a problem i believe happened in the past that you guys fixed somehow... pretty much, when you got to that site it 'freezes up' , most times the freeze is that serious that you gotta just close the process from the Task manager and repopen the browser. at more rare times after a while it pops up that some 'script is not responding' i believe... would trying to get that to happen and try to press the option to see what exactly made it not respond help you? i can try and get that to happen.
But i really believe it's the same thing that happened some time ago and was fixed somehow.. (i also recall it freezing similarly back then)

Edit: Tried a few times and it just froze.. but i remember earlier today i managed to get that script not responding message and picked the 'debug' or whatever option, and it started with "script type="text/javascript">(window.NREUM||(NREUM={}))" if that helps with anything (Chinese to clueless like me ofcourse..)

Second edit: My issue is with palemoon not basilisk (even more specifically a form of palemoon, but that's besides the point.. so i suppose it affects both Basilisk and Palemoon?)

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-22, 23:16

I'll visit.

Geeze, the first page just asking if you're "of age" causes the problem immediately. One CPU core is pegged and RAM just climbs and climbs. I stopped it after 5.5GB were consumed by the process.

There is something seriously wrong with their scripting.

Let me re-visit with JS disabled.

Edit: No resource consumption with JS disabled, but clicking "I Agree" to enter the site accomplishes nothing. Clicking "Exit" takes the user to Google's home page.

Leifman
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Leifman » 2021-07-24, 12:35

and even more i can add this post: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threa ... ers.40146/

that post specifically mentions Firefox seems to share this new problem, along with also mentioning palemoon ofcourse + what different tests that guy did
and also mentions that it started with a feature they added + a possible 'fix' temporarily but that is just to view some rooms in fullscreen
Last edited by Leifman on 2021-07-24, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-24, 13:59

Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again. Regardless of the number camwhores you want to watch.

Leifman
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Leifman » 2021-07-24, 14:28

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-24, 13:59
Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again. Regardless of the number camwhores you want to watch.
ah? You feeling good my dude? no need to 'defend' what i already know is better than Firefox nor i ever want it to be that shitty way too heavy browser. I'm all team Palemoon (or in my case the fork called Mypal)

Your reply literally made no sense to me whatsoever... i only mentioned Firefox since in that link i pasted the guy mentions it happens both in palemoon and firefox... figured it was important/needed for the sake of further info? :eh:

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-07-25, 09:09

Leifman wrote:
2021-07-24, 14:28
or in my case the fork called Mypal
WTF are you doing here if you're using Mypal? This is a support forum for Pale Moon, not half assed unsanctioned builds. Go to your Mypal forum and ask them for help.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Leifman
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Leifman » 2021-07-25, 09:59

moonbat wrote:
2021-07-25, 09:09
Leifman wrote:
2021-07-24, 14:28
or in my case the fork called Mypal
WTF are you doing here if you're using Mypal? This is a support forum for Pale Moon, not half assed unsanctioned builds. Go to your Mypal forum and ask them for help.

lmao, gotta love the level of comments from 'Developers' or regular folks here....
I literally added further info on the problem that someone USING YOUR BROWSER had, regardless of it happening on other browsers or me mentioning what i am using (which btw, my preferred fork, mypal>your preferred browser ;) if u wanna shit-talk or downplay it that much)
the fact that i added what i use should be irrelevant. no one asked you to 'fix' it on my end or for me. the entire purpose was to further give u info on how it affects your browser and help the dude that posted this thread to begin with.
Oh and 'Mypal specific' it literally takes the latest Palemoon and makes it 'work' on windows xp. not changing anything, hence why it even happens to me... so my 'half asses unsanctioned build' is having the same issues you half assed browser is having right? :)
inb4 "Why are you using windows xp? lmao"
Anyways i guess i'm done trying to help if i see i can link to further info somewhere... as i should have just left it with Moonchild saying he won't even enter chaturbate to look into it.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-25, 15:33

Well that is an XP Sex Addict for you. Always out for that unprotected risky behavior with no impulse control. Couldn't resist getting off on doing things they know they shouldn't like showing up here asking for support for Fedor2's shitty Great Value Browser.

Also, for the record, there is more changed than JUST XP buildability. All unwise of course. But you are too busy being deceptive and trollish because of pent up sexual frustration to admit it.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2021-07-25, 15:44, edited 2 times in total.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2021-07-25, 15:41

Couperin wrote:
2021-07-22, 17:07
Since the update to latest version Basilisk has an issue with Chaturbate that I can't troubleshoot: Even in sate mode it loads any page (sometimes completely, sometimes almost completely but in either case it instantly locks up solid stuck at 15% cpu usage and nothing except end task in task manager will close it.
Well, that's unfortunate, but unless you can reproduce the issue on a site that's a bit less... err, NSFW, we can't help. The volunteers here may not work for an actual company, but we still have certain standards about what we want to expose ourselves to when trying to troubleshoot something.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

Leifman
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Leifman » 2021-07-25, 16:28

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-25, 15:33
Well that is an XP Sex Addict for you. Always out for that unprotected risky behavior with no impulse control. Couldn't resist getting off on doing things they know they shouldn't like showing up here asking for support for Fedor2's shitty Great Value Browser.

Also, for the record, there is more changed than JUST XP buildability. All unwise of course. But you are too busy being deceptive and trollish because of pent up sexual frustration to admit it.
Said the Walrus looking dude? coming from you (Based on both your triple chin+overall exactly how i'd imagine someone that replied twice like you did in this thread looking as) I'll take that as a compliment :)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-25, 16:51

Small minds comment on photographs as they can only construct an arguement based on what happens to float into their field of vision. Great men (regardless of imposed gravitational field) paint a picture based on deeper perception of the envronment and individuals around them.

I painted a picture of your irrelevance based on abstract expression. You looked at a photo and called me fat. Who is the superior entity here?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-25, 17:25

Leifman wrote:
2021-07-25, 09:59
Oh and 'Mypal specific' it literally takes the latest Palemoon and makes it 'work' on windows xp.
No, it doesn't. Code changes are rather extensive (and they have to be, because UXP does not run on Windows XP and does not cater to NT5 class kernels).
Do a diff on the source code. See for yourself. (quick stats as of 29.3.0 comparing equivalent trees: 1304 files different, 2638 files exist in Pale Moon that don't exist in MyPal, and 6047 files exist in MyPal that don't exist in Pale Moon)

Unfortunately since you seem to be happy to lower yourself to discriminating someone's technical knowledge based on their looks, I'm forced to ban you. See our community code of conduct.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-25, 17:32

Off-topic:
Not sure that was the CoC he was looking for...

Halvar
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by Halvar » 2021-07-25, 18:37

Couperin wrote:
2021-07-22, 17:07

I confirm the same issues on Palemoon 29.3.0 and Waterfox Classic 2021.07, tested at W7, W10 and Manjaro Plasma. Chromium based browsers and latest Firefox are without problems.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-25, 22:16

After Adblocking the CDN delivered scripts and css I was able to get the JS Watchdog to trip up on a 1300 line minified js glob embedded in-line on line 5 of the html. This JS relates to the New Relic Telemetry Platform and since it is minified and direct embedded in-line there is not much else that can be done from our end. I do notice that during the hang it spends a huge amount of time querying selectors but since I eliminated all the cdn js and css I think that there are a fuckton of problems that only THEY can solve. Now if they want to get their crack team of camwhore coders to tell us specifically what is the problem on our end.. Then that is something. But failing that..

There ain't shit that can be done by us. We can't define the problem because their site is so fucked that even debugging it is basically pointless. I do wonder if any of you people could check older versions to even confirm it was something we changed or if they are just following the JS release train that follows the Browser Release train making all this.. Once again not a new issue for our engines.

ADDITIONALLY: IN THE FUTURE PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MENTIONING THAT "IT" WORKS ON LATEST FIREFOX OR CHROME.. It is worthless data and collectively pisses us off.
DO HOWEVER mention if it DOES NOT work on those things.