Phasing out 32-bit Basilisk

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Phasing out 32-bit Basilisk

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-10-26, 14:33

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-10-26, 05:18
Kids, maybe we are loosing sight of the fact that according to a short term AUS sampling that ditching Basilisk 32bit on Windows has MAYBE impacted a dozen users AT MOST.

And this discussion is being fueled by people who don't even use Basilisk and of those people who for some reason beyond fact or understanding thinks what happens to Basilisk will happen to Pale Moon. Basically a resurgence of an even stranger more illogical version of the "is Basilisk the new Pale Moon?" false perception.

To those I can only say: Stop it, stop it now. It isn't, it's not. You're wrong so stop.
How many "potential" 32bit basilisk users could you be losing.?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-10-26, 16:04

Does it matter? You can't have potental new 32bit users if you don't offer 32bit.

Okay, look.. I know this is an extremely stressful time in the world right now with unprecidented world wide draconian actions being taken because of Covid and we are days away from the start of determining if the most powerful country in the world will stay a republic of freedom or fall into line as just another communist authoritarian state.

I get it.. But to add to the tension and angst by promoting constant contention and conflict over a web browser is just not going to help anyone right now.. So please, knock it off for a while. We can always get back to our mutual petty bickering and righteous indignation later.

K? K.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-26, 16:13

Moonraker wrote:
2020-10-26, 14:33
How many "potential" 32bit basilisk users could you be losing.?
Obviously very few considering there are no users to speak of using the official version. 32-bit is also increasingly becoming the domain of people who are clinging to XP who are using unofficial hackjobs anyway and not what I spend time and effort on each release cycle to build, test and publish. It's disproportionate to the number of people actually using it so I won't do it anymore.

And that is all.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite