Basilisk and CTR

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Basilisk and CTR

Unread post by ron_1 » 2020-09-03, 23:28

I'm putting this in the Basilisk board since this extension is not applicable to Pale Moon (if this was wrong, please move it).

I just went to this site:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicThemeRestorer/releases

At the top is a pale yellow bar that says "This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read only." I guess that means that this extension is no longer being maintained? If that is the case, is it safe to assume that with Basilisk getting continual updates, that one day CTR will no longer work in it?

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Basilisk and CTR

Unread post by Isengrim » 2020-09-04, 03:44

The developer still seems active, so I wouldn't say it's totally unmaintained. Not sure why they marked the repo as archived, but FF <= 56 and Waterfox "Classic" no longer really receive updates so that might have something to do with it.

Basilisk's frontend is intended to be pretty stable, so I would expect CTR to work for a long time yet on it.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Smokey20

Re: Basilisk and CTR

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2020-09-12, 09:24

Aris's page at github is NOT read only like github has labeled it. All the versions there including the most recent "Preview" one CTR_v1.7.8.2019.10.27.xpi are downloadable.

If you, or any of us Basilisk users have a serious problem with it, Aris still monitors and replies to his CTR humongous (398 pages) thread at Mozillazine forums:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... tart=5955i