Basilisk v2020.08.05 released!
Posted: 2020-08-06, 09:46
Basilisk has been updated to v2020.08.05, a development, bugfix and security update.
- Implemented the Abort API (aborting fetch requests) for web compatibility.
- Improved handling of aspect ratios of elements.
- Added support for basic polygon clip paths for web compatibility.
- Added global menubar support for GTK builds
- Implemented more parts of Google WebComponents (ongoing). These are disabled by default because they are incomplete as of yet.
- Fixed an issue in the uninstaller that would sometimes not properly delete program files.
- Fixed an issue with backspace in editable HTML elements.
- Fixed various browser crashes and hangs.
- Updated the NSS library for various connection security fixes.
- Updated the included en-US spellchecking dictionary with about 2,500 more words.
- Removed the DOM battery API.
- Made various code correctness and performance improvements to the editor library.
- Security issues addressed in this release: CVE-2020-12422, CVE-2020-12402, CVE-2020-12418, CVE-2020-15658, CVE-2020-15656, CVE-2020-15652, CVE-2020-6514, CVE-2020-15657 and a number of security hazards that do not have a CVE number attached.
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 8 fixed, 6 defense-in-depth, 23 not applicable.