Strange problem in browser console

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Strange problem in browser console

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-11-03, 18:15

When you open up the browser console in basilisk, and restart, and click in the console window, instead of focusing on the browser console, you get focused onto the main window.

This is somewhat confusing.

For what it's worth, I don't get the same behaviour in palemoon

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Strange problem in browser console

Unread post by adesh » 2019-11-04, 19:28

I think opening/restoring of windows on browser start up is asynchronous, so the order of windows is not guaranteed to be the same as when the browser was closed. The last I checked like a year ago, there were still long standing issues at Mozilla for this behaviour.

Start up sequence of Firefox is not really perfect and the same is inherited by Basilisk.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-11-04, 19:43

SessionStore has never been perfect and async didn't do it any favors. I am just thankful it works as well as it does. Basilisk is inherently much more aync than Pale Moon is so adesh is quite correct, good job.

Feel free to help improve SessionStore, OP!

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-11-05, 20:07

I'm not talking about the order of windows. I don't really mind which window comes out on top in this circumstance. It's just I don't expect a click in window A to bring window B into focus.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-05, 21:43

The devtools use a whole bunch of hacks to hook themselves into the browser. that includes the browser console. you'll just have to live with the fact that window focus has a quirk because of that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite