Chase bank login page broken (endless loop) - RESOLVED!

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Chase bank login page broken (endless loop) - RESOLVED!

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-09-14, 21:40

I've just updated to the current Basilisk 2019.09.12 (32-bit).

I have no idea if this update changed anything as I can't be sure at what point the Chase Login broke using Basilisk (as I usually use Pale Moon) but...

What occurs now for this login URL: https://secure07b.chase.com/web/auth/da ... ndex/index is that using Basilisk the page just keeps looping without any login prompts as it used to get a successful login prompt (see screen-shot below) at some point in the past.

Can someone please confirm this for the Basilisk browser?

You do NOT have to have an account with Chase -- just check out the URL (login page) linked above to see if you get a login prompt (as illustrated below in the screen-shot using Pale Moon) or instead (using Basilisk) the page just loops from an empty blue screen where the login page should be displayed to a white screen and back again repeating this over and over again.

This was tested in safe-mode.

Here is what the login should look like (screen-shot using Pale Moon):
Chase Login using Pale Moon.png
The Chase Bank Login used to work at some point in Basilisk.

Thanks for anyone confirming the problem in Basilisk....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2019-09-15, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Chase bank login page broken (endless loop)

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-09-14, 21:56

^ Follow-up: I'm noticing a markedly slower response time (laggy behavior) in Basilisk that I do not recall occurring the few times I've used Basilisk prior to this most current release (this behavior may be just temporary however hence have no relationship with the topic problem). Not a problem really. :silent:
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2019-09-15, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-09-15, 00:21

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
2019-09-14, 21:40
I can't be sure at what point the Chase Login broke using Basilisk (as I usually use Pale Moon)
Pale Moon works because it includes a specific override in about:config for chase.com. Basilisk does not include that override.

If you go into Basilisk, open about:config and create a general.useragent.override.chase.com pref using the same value that Pale Moon has for that pref, then chase.com works in Basilisk.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-09-15, 01:25

^ Thanks for the reply -- I've been using the following Useragent Override for Chase which has been working since Basilisk was first released:

general.useragent.override.chase.com set to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (at least up until recently :?)

I changed it to: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0 (most recent FF release) and it works now. :thumbup: