Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: satrow

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Post by gracious1 » 2019-07-19, 23:17

Quite often when I use Basilisk at the Washington Post site, if I am on for any length of time and have multiple tabs of it open, my PC crashes and reboots. (Running Windows 10). I am a neophyte with Windows these days, but I can consistently make this happen when I visit Washington Post, with nothing else running and no other pages open.
20 July 1969 🌗 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Post by RJARRRPCGP » 2019-07-20, 06:59

gracious1 wrote:
2019-07-19, 23:17
Quite often when I use Basilisk at the Washington Post site, if I am on for any length of time and have multiple tabs of it open, my PC crashes and reboots. (Running Windows 10). I am a neophyte with Windows these days, but I can consistently make this happen when I visit Washington Post, with nothing else running and no other pages open.
All I know is, that's not a good sign. If you're lucky, it's just a video driver problem. (with sound driver being less likely) Or else, hardware failure, possibly a faulty graphics card or power supply. (can be failed capacitors in the power supply)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Post by Moonchild » 2019-07-20, 10:56

It's usually a sign of a faulty video driver. Basilisk doesn't run anything that low level that can cause a blue screen/reset. At most it would have an appcrash.
Please check your video drivers first. if it's for embedded (Intel) graphics you really should check for the latest drivers for it. Alternatively, as a workaround, you could disable hardware acceleration in the browser to try and dodge these issues.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose