Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Unread post by gracious1 » 2019-07-19, 23:17

Quite often when I use Basilisk at the Washington Post site, if I am on for any length of time and have multiple tabs of it open, my PC crashes and reboots. (Running Windows 10). I am a neophyte with Windows these days, but I can consistently make this happen when I visit Washington Post, with nothing else running and no other pages open.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2019-07-20, 06:59

gracious1 wrote:
2019-07-19, 23:17
Quite often when I use Basilisk at the Washington Post site, if I am on for any length of time and have multiple tabs of it open, my PC crashes and reboots. (Running Windows 10). I am a neophyte with Windows these days, but I can consistently make this happen when I visit Washington Post, with nothing else running and no other pages open.
All I know is, that's not a good sign. If you're lucky, it's just a video driver problem. (with sound driver being less likely) Or else, hardware failure, possibly a faulty graphics card or power supply. (can be failed capacitors in the power supply)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Basilisk at Washington Post causes reboot

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-20, 10:56

It's usually a sign of a faulty video driver. Basilisk doesn't run anything that low level that can cause a blue screen/reset. At most it would have an appcrash.
Please check your video drivers first. if it's for embedded (Intel) graphics you really should check for the latest drivers for it. Alternatively, as a workaround, you could disable hardware acceleration in the browser to try and dodge these issues.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite