nsIWebContentHandlerRegistrar different behaviour betweek basilisk and palemoon

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

nsIWebContentHandlerRegistrar different behaviour betweek basilisk and palemoon

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-06-22, 08:08

In palemoon and baslisk it is possible to register handlers using

Code: Select all

registerContentHandler
from

Code: Select all

nsIWebContentHandlerRegistrar
for application/vnd.mozilla.maybe, application/vnd.mozilla.maybe.audio and application/vnd.mozilla.maybe/video.

In basilisk and palemoon, the first works fine, and you can find the entry under Preferences->applications content type Web feed, and entries are created in about:config for browser.contentHandlers.types.<number>

In palemoon you can register the 2nd (audio, content type Podcast in preferences), but attempting to register the 3rd (video, application type Video Podcast) results in an exception, so you need to create the about:config entries manually and restart the browser.

In basilisk (and firefox 52ish), registering both the 2nd and 3rd handlers returns without error but it appears nothing has been done. Nothing appears in about:preferences and there's no entries in about:config. However, if you set things up in about:config, and restart the browser, all is light and joy.

Am I meant to be doing something different here (Preferably something that'd work in multiple platforms)? Or has there been a regression?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: nsIWebContentHandlerRegistrar different behaviour betweek basilisk and palemoon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-22, 08:51

Pale Moon is not Basilisk.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

thosrtanner
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: nsIWebContentHandlerRegistrar different behaviour betweek basilisk and palemoon

Unread post by thosrtanner » 2019-06-22, 10:43

I was aware of that. As I'm aware it's not firefox, internet explorer, google chrome or edge.

So is this no longer supported under basilisk? Has there been a regression of some form? Is there some other API I should be using?