Extensions: OIC and Context (Menu) History

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: satrow

User avatar
adoxa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 2019-03-16, 13:26

Extensions: OIC and Context (Menu) History

Unread post by adoxa » 2019-03-16, 13:40

I finally took the plunge and switched from Firefox to Basilisk. It mostly went smoothly, but there were two extensions I have in FF that haven't worked in B: Open in Current Tab (forces a link to open in the current tab, rather than a new one) and Context Menu History (places the tab history in the right-click menu) - both say "incompatible with Basilisk 52.9.2019.03.08". I had a look through CAA, but didn't find anything equivalent to OIC; Context History seems equivalent, and whilst it installed, it hasn't seemed to do anything (I'm currently using Tab History Menu fix). Anyone aware of any equivalents I could use, or what I could do to make them compatible (I don't mind editing the code)?

User avatar
adoxa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 2019-03-16, 13:26

Re: Extensions: OIC and Context (Menu) History

Unread post by adoxa » 2019-03-20, 01:59

I got Context History working, yet to look at the other two.

User avatar
therube
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back
Posts: 963
Joined: 2018-06-08, 17:02

Re: Extensions: OIC and Context (Menu) History

Unread post by therube » 2019-03-20, 12:10

Link to Open in Current Tab?

User avatar
adoxa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 2019-03-16, 13:26

Re: Extensions: OIC and Context (Menu) History

Unread post by adoxa » 2019-03-22, 01:13

Classic Add-ons Archive (its home page just redirects to the defunct AMO). And in verifying that I notice there is "Open Link In Current" which I could probably have used, instead (I thought I searched for "current", but maybe I only searched for "current tab"). I ended up getting both OIC and Context Menu History working by simply bumping the maximum version (from 3 or 4 to 55). So everything I had in FF I now have in Basilisk. There's only two things: sometimes a page will apparently stop loading (I think it's an extension, as a clean profile doesn't seem to exhibit the problem, but it's hard to replicate); and updates don't readily work (apparently due to going through Proxydomo).

Post Reply