Available updates and update version

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Available updates and update version

Unread post by dapgo » 2019-01-21, 16:06

At the moment from addons:Available updates, you can see addon names but not the new version.
available_updates_1.png
I am aware that Basilisk is not a final version but in my opinion is very important to have this info, because it allows to check addon compatibility before to click on "update".
Also it is coherent with the behaviour of other browser based in FF, such as Palemoon or WF

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Available updates and update version

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-01-21, 16:17

Works for me.
screenshot.17.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2019-01-21, 16:42

dapgo wrote:At the moment from addons:Available updates, you can see addon names but not the new version.
I recommend that you install Classic Theme Restorer - it has this feature among others.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-01-21, 16:56

If WebExtension support is going to be removed the WebExAM could be replaced by TychoAM that does display the extension version number.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-01-21, 17:03

That is a point to consider. Someone needs to tell Aris that he needs to make sure that he applies the right styling to the Add-ons Manager else CTR will bust it. Someone PLEASE make this a priority.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2019-01-21, 17:16

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Someone needs to tell Aris that he needs to make sure that he applies the right styling to the Add-ons Manager else CTR will bust it.
This was resolved in Issue #381 (ClassicThemeRestorer) and as far as I can see everything is fine until now.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-01-21, 17:57

The issue is that Basilisk is dropping WebExtensions and its Add-ons Manager. I did a test just now with it using TychoAM. It won't be a big problem except that the checkbox that "show add-on versions"

Opened an issue to his repo:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicThemeRestorer/issues/402

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2019-01-21, 18:19

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:The issue is that Basilisk is dropping WebExtensions and its Add-ons Manager.
Ah, now I got it. Let's hope he will update CTR on time.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-01-21, 20:25

Least it isn't NEARLY as critical as I initially thought. I envisioned complete CSS bustage and Add-on Manager not being able to use it. Nah, just a visual discontinuity.. No biggie at all.. But yeah, I hope he will. I suspect he will.