- No flash of an "Updating ..." pop-up.
- Got a blank title at the very top (usually has page title and "- Basilisk"), File-Edit-etc. menu bar, and an uncustomized address/search bar.
- Below that was a white screen.
- The File-Edit-etc. menus would drop down, but when I clicked on anything in the menus, nothing happened.
- So clicking on File->Exit did nothing. Clicking on the window's red X button closed the window, but the/a Basilisk process was still running in the Task Manager. Not consuming any CPU, so it apparently wasn't caught in a loop.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, ensuring no Basilisk process was running, and even tried the 32-bit version with the same result.
Since I saw guyfromkcmo was able to download the previous version, I tried again and downloaded and installed basilisk-20180927135115.win64.installer.exe -- everything works again!
(I say "tried again" because when I clicked on "the archive FTP server" link, Pale Moon simply gave me a "530 Login or password incorrect!" pop-up. I powered up Chrome -- yuk! -- and got an FTP login dialog pop-up. I vaguely remember anonymous FTP, so I entered "anonymous" and got the directory listing of the archive. Perhaps (i) fix Pale Moon to bring up the dialog and (ii) add login instructions to the Basilisk download page? Thank you!)