Hulu just broke

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Scottbert

Hulu just broke

Unread post by Scottbert » 2018-09-18, 06:33

Hulu stopped working in Basilisk some time in the last few days. It is exactly as this redditor describes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Hulu/comments/ ... _and_5003/ although they're using Firefox on Vista.

Have confirmed that latest firefox works, that waterfox works, and that even Pale Moon works (though it uses the old flash player, which I'm surprised to see Hulu still supports!)

Any idea what's going on here or how to fix it? Failing that, is there any way to make Hulu try to use the flash player instead to see if that works? (It uses it on Pale Moon for some reason, after all.)

Of course I could just open another browser, but for me the whole point of using Basilisk is being able to do everything in ONE browser instead of having to use different browsers for different plugins.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Hulu just broke

Unread post by therube » 2018-09-18, 12:25

New or Classic?
OS?
Basilisk version?
If you test in a new, clean Profile?
If you spoof the User Agent?

Scottbert

Unread post by Scottbert » 2018-09-18, 20:14

As described in the link, two different errors with classic and new.
I'm on Windows 10 Pro and just got the April Creators update to finally install. Current Basilisk version. (2018.09.05 (64-bit)). Hadn't tried with a new profile and the user agent switcher I downloaded didn't include options for actual browsers just phones and robots, so after fighting with Windows Update since last night I was tired of dealing with computer problems and set it aside for the moment.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-09-18, 20:23

User Agent Switcher allows you to create your own manually, which you can do and will apply to all sites globally. Or, you can try creating a specific one for Hulu by following these instructions with a few tweaks.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Scottbert

Unread post by Scottbert » 2018-09-18, 22:52

Isengrim wrote:User Agent Switcher allows you to create your own manually, which you can do and will apply to all sites globally. Or, you can try creating a specific one for Hulu by following these instructions with a few tweaks.
Ooh, thanks! I didn't know I could set user agents for specific sites like that!

...It didn't help with this, though. I set an ovveride for hulu.com to

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0

and Hulu is still displaying the exact same behavior.