Problems with GMAIL

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Problems with GMAIL

Unread post by dapgo » 2018-08-28, 06:13

I have 2018-07-18 and using GMAIL, the web is not responsive to some actions, such as delete message, or hangouts conversations. I activated the "update" to the "new look" but even before the web was not working very well with GMAIL.

Is it a general problem of GMAIL with FF52.9?
I don''t blame FF/basilisk because I know that Google is getting used to bad practices and they don't endorse anymore with the "don't be evil"

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Problems with GMAIL

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-08-28, 07:56

Gmail works as expected for me with Basilisk with respect to deleting messages and similar (I'm using the Classic interface).
I can't speak to Google Hangouts because I've never used it.

Do you have indexedDB enabled ? That's dom.indexedDB.enabled = true .
Requiring it to be enabled seems to be Google's current "thing."
A number of gmail functions break if it's disabled if you're using Basilisk or PM 28 (not if you're using PM 27.*).
Last edited by coffeebreak on 2018-08-28, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.

dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dapgo » 2018-09-06, 08:05

The problem with gmail is not coherent, for example today messages are being deleted. If it fails again I will try to find a pattern.
BTW dom.indexedDB.enabled is true and I have UBlock Origin activated

rodndtube
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by rodndtube » 2018-09-09, 15:46

It is a gmail issue. In the "new version" I was usually having to double click on Reply to Message and randomly the same issue elsewhere around gmail. Enough people were having this problem that the forced move to "new gmail" now has a "Classic Gmail" option in the Gear Box. Let's hope Google fixes this "new gmail" issue -- it adds a lot more overhead compared to the speedy "classic version."

dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by dapgo » 2018-09-12, 07:45

I realize that the problem is not connected with UBlock, gmail fails even with it disabled.
As you said it is impacting only on more fucntions, besides "deleting", "new email", hangouts conversations....
I found the option to go back to Classic version and I chose it. However, it displayed a message saying that some function could not work.

rodndtube
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by rodndtube » 2018-09-12, 12:33

Ironic that it would warn that some "Classic gmail" functions would not work... assume they really mean the "new gmail functions" would not work in "Classic." However, my experience was that some of the new functions in new gmail were not working, e.g., the "pause" function. And, it clicking and composing an email have become so problematic I would call those broken functions in the new gmail.