Add-on updates currently not possible from AMO.

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Add-on updates currently not possible from AMO.

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-05-28, 14:34

Just so people are aware, in Basilisk it's currently not possible to receive add-on updates from Mozilla's add-ons site (AMO, addons.mozilla.org), due to a change in the format these updates are provided in. This issue is being tracked in UXP Issue 402 and should be fixed in the next release of Basilisk.

As an aside, this does not affect Pale Moon, either the stable release or v28 alphas (hence why this is posted in the Basilisk forum), as we already moved away from Mozilla's service earlier this month. Good timing! :thumbup:

Smokey20

Re: Add-on updates currently not possible from AMO.

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2018-05-29, 11:02

Err..I don't have any problems updating my Basilisk extensions at AMO. I have current Basilisk on Win 10 machine and the version just before current on my Windows 8 machine and no problems updating extensions for it either.

But no one uses AUTO update for Basilisk as many extensions would update ( or try to) to a non usable version! With Basilisk and Fx 52.8 ESR you need to go to AMO and get the update directly for those extensions which ARE updatable on Basilisk. (Besides, you need to download a copy of it to disk (to have when Mozilla kills all XUL extensions at AMO).

So, what is the problem?

JustOff

Re: Add-on updates currently not possible from AMO.

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-05-29, 11:28

Smokey20 wrote:But no one uses AUTO update for Basilisk as many extensions would update ( or try to) to a non usable version!
No one forces you to use auto update, while auto checking for updates is useful in most cases. The problem is that this is also not possible until the next release, so this announcement is important for all Basilisk users.