webrtc and telemetry

This board is for discussions, bug reports, etc. for pre-releases of the v28 milestone building on UXP.
cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

webrtc and telemetry

Unread post by cartel » 2018-05-01, 21:47

Congratulations on a great browser! Looks and works great.

I was wondering if you are still removing webrtc and crashreporter and telemetry data gathering?
And still focused on privacy and unnecessary stuff FF has default?
Is there a "commander" for this browser?
Is there a status bar where I can move my extension icons to?

thanks
Last edited by cartel on 2018-05-01, 21:50, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: webrtc and telemetry

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-01, 22:08

Basilisk is not Pale Moon.
Its feature set is relatively close to Firefox, meaning it does have WebRTC, it does have DRM/EME and it e.g. uses Firefox Accounts for sync.

It does not send Mozilla Telemetry back to Mozilla (it would be useless anyway for their intended purpose) and does not use Google for Geolocation (because that's considered a gaping privacy hole by us) but other things are similar to the way Firefox works and the way Firefox uses web services.

There is no "commander" extension for Basilisk. If you want to find a configurator for it, check addons.mozilla.org (better hurry because that can only be done with "legacy" extensions and there's no telling how long Mozilla will keep those after May 8)

If you want a status bar, grab the status-4-evar extension from AMO.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Smokey20

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2018-05-02, 01:58

You can also use Extended Statusbar. It's very similar to the status bar that original Opera (through 12.18) had. I thought Opera's status bar was one of the best things about the old Opera so I was delighted when someone offered one for Fx years ago. I still use it on Fx 52 ESR and used it on Pale Moon 26 and earlier.

I've been using it on Basilisk since I first got it and it works fine and you not only get all the Opera like loading information for pages in the bar but you can put extension icons there. I used to have some that had to go there in order to work properly but now all of mine are on the right of the address bar. I have plenty of room there since I used Stylish to shorten the address bar.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... statusbar/

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2018-05-02, 03:13

Isn't basilisk the next step in the roadmap for PM?
Sorry I haven't looked into the lifecycle of Moonchild Productions
ImageImage

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-05-02, 03:48

cartel wrote:Isn't basilisk the next step in the roadmap for PM?
Oh for ....

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18858#p138924
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.