Will this workaround break anything?

Forum for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: satrow

helloimustbegoing
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Will this workaround break anything?

Postby helloimustbegoing » Fri, 04 May 2018, 22:34

The background to this question is this thread about a bug I posted here. With the help of some members of the Mint forum, I found out a workaround. The workaround is to make the file xulstore.json found in the profile folder "read only." I've done that on Firefox ESR but not yet on Basilisk. My question is this: are there any drawbacks to making this file read only that I haven't come across yet?

Also I hope this workaround will give some clues as to how this bug can be solved. :)

adesh
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Will this workaround break anything?

Postby adesh » Sat, 05 May 2018, 13:24

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-support-troubleshooting-guide#w_reset-xulstore-or-localstore-file wrote:The xulstore.json file in the Firefox profile folder stores information about toolbars, window positioning, and other interface elements in Firefox 34 and above (the localstore.rdf file was used in previous versions). If changes to toolbars and window sizes are not saved, toolbar icons are missing, or if there are strange problems with the browser interface, resetting this file can help.

So, there should not be any problems other than missing out any interface changes you make (unless the browser considers the file being read-only as a critical condition).

Return to “Basilisk”