Update button?

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Smokey20

Update button?

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2018-04-29, 01:25

Err...I am ready to update Basilisk 2018.4.26 64 bit but where is the update button in Help/about?

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Update button?

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-04-29, 01:35

Does it not update automatically?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Smokey20

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2018-04-29, 01:56

No. It pops up a screen saying there is a new version and do I want to update now. On Windows 10 computer, I haven't updated at all yet because I know from updating on Windows 8 that I will have some problems regarding extensions and I've been busy. In fact, on Windows 10, I got that popup about an update being available so many times, I have sort of avoided Basilisk (and it's my default browser). I will update this weekend though and it still has the update now button that is missing on Basilisk on Windows 8.

But I am trying, at the moment, to update Basilisk on Windows 8 Pro where I have 2018.04.26. It was bugging me earlier to update but I was in the middle of trying to get Java 10 to work with nVidia's Java tool to detect the correct driver so I told Basilisk that no, I did not want to update right that minute. But now I am ready to update but there is no button to click on to initiate the update.

Maybe if I close Basilisk and restart it that will get the popup for updating to show?

Smokey20

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2018-04-29, 02:03

I went to close Basilisk and found the update notice hiding behind the minimized download window in the taskbar. :roll:

So, I got it updated. :)