Can't go to a URL by hitting Enter Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Can't go to a URL by hitting Enter

Unread post by paulri » 2018-04-13, 22:58

When I type in a URL, I am used to hitting the Enter key. Doing this in Basilisk (just d/l a new version today) gets me nothing---I have to take my cursor and click on the Reload icon on the right end of the URL bar. Is this normal for Basilisk, or have I borked my profile some way?
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can't go to a URL by hitting Enter

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-04-13, 23:06

with or without extensions?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-04-13, 23:07

Something must be wrong on your end, as it works as expected for me.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-04-13, 23:32

I just restarted with addons disabled, and it did the same thing---hitting Enter won't trigger a load of a URL that has been typed in.
Moonraker wrote:with or without extensions?
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-04-13, 23:36

Thought that was strange. Well since I don't have my bookmarks transferred yet, I'll just delete the profile and start over altogether.
helloimustbegoing wrote:Something must be wrong on your end, as it works as expected for me.
Paul

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-04-13, 23:50

A new profile didn't work--nor did I get my bookmarks, by moving over places.sqlite or even the bookmarks JSON file into a brand new installation of Basilisk. I think I'll stick to Pale Moon for a while. :)
Paul

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-04-20, 03:56

Not sure what the problem was. I nuked my entire installation, deleting the profile as well as using Windows to uninstall Basilisk, and then installed everything tonight. Basilisk was able to import my FF bookmarks via the html file route, but not the JSON file. All is well with this enter issue. I tried it jsut now, and this installation of Basilisk is taking me to a URL after hitting the Enter key.
Paul

dodona
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by dodona » 2018-04-23, 20:25

I'm running basil under fedora 27/cinnamon desktop, and do not experience that problem. What desktop environment do you use?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-23, 20:34

Dodona, this was already solved.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite