Color of inactive tabs different from Pale moon Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Ozzed
Fanatic
Fanatic

Color of inactive tabs different from Pale moon

Unread post by Ozzed » 2018-03-15, 12:37

Hi!

I use the gray theme and for now the "classic theme restorer" addon since I don't know if Bassilisk is planned to support tabs on bottom, a must have feature for me. Below I have attacked two images so you can see the difference. I am wondering if there is a way to make the inactive tabs in Bassilisk look the same as in Pale Moon? As you can see from the images it is considerably darker as it is now and it makes it hard for me to see. I am visually impaired.

gcgriswold

Re: Color of inactive tabs different from Pale moon

Unread post by gcgriswold » 2018-03-18, 14:31

Hi-

You may find some some of the tab options helpful in the extension: "Classic Theme Restorer", which will run in Basilisk. Good Luck.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-18, 18:56

So what's your point?

MGA74

Unread post by MGA74 » 2018-03-18, 19:39

Perhaps New Tobin Paradigm should read the original post?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-18, 20:00

Well if you searched the forum you can use a userChrome hack or see if you can get the developer of the extension to change it for you.. Why do you think we have anything to do with how an extension styles things.

tpcsanh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by tpcsanh » 2018-03-19, 16:36

Ozzed - following gcgriswold's lead, open Classic Theme Restorer's options. Click on Tabs (in the left panel). Click on the Color & text appearance tab. Click on the default tab. Enable the Background setting. Adjust the colors accordingly. Any changes will be displayed in real time.

Ozzed
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Ozzed » 2018-03-21, 16:47

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Well if you searched the forum you can use a userChrome hack or see if you can get the developer of the extension to change it for you.. Why do you think we have anything to do with how an extension styles things.
Since I haven't had to use an extension to get tabs on bottom to work with Pale Moon, and the styling looked fine out of the box for the theme I'm using, I haven't really considered that the extension would handle styling. I thought the theme handled that.
tpcsanh wrote:Ozzed - following gcgriswold's lead, open Classic Theme Restorer's options. Click on Tabs (in the left panel). Click on the Color & text appearance tab. Click on the default tab. Enable the Background setting. Adjust the colors accordingly. Any changes will be displayed in real time.
Thank you. That fixed my issue. I was able to print screen it, use color picker in paint, then covert the decimal value to hexadecimal and then input that value into the relevant color field, and now it looks the way I am used to.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-03-22, 09:08

Ozzed wrote:... I was able to print screen it, use color picker in paint, then covert the decimal value to hexadecimal and then input that value into the relevant color field, and now it looks the way I am used to.
Pro tip: Tools > Web Developer > Eyedropper