Is Basilisk on UXP(52ESR-reforked) still call itself 55?

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

roytam1

Is Basilisk on UXP(52ESR-reforked) still call itself 55?

Unread post by roytam1 » 2018-02-15, 03:23

Trying to build UXP repo, and it seems that Basilisk on UXP still calls itself Basilisk/55.0.0?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Is Basilisk on UXP(52ESR-reforked) still call itself 55?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-15, 03:39

Actually if built PROPERLY it should be calling its self 55.0.YYYY.MM.DD.. But since we aren't near ready or published how to build it properly, I can see why you are getting 55.0.0. Same goes for the aborted codebase that is used for Basilisk until we get everything moved over. I question why you are building them yourself.

Either way it doesn't matter.. The Major application version is locked at 55 for compatibility reasons.. MOSTLY because of Add-ons.. It is irrelevant to US as 55 will be about the closest approximate version as far as extensions are concerned when it is all said and done.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-15, 03:44, edited 5 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-15, 17:50

Actually, if extension compatibility is a concern, we SHOULD be renumbering the version to 52. 53, 54 and 55 have increasing e10s changes in them that required extensions to be edited, if I recall correctly...? Correct me if i'm wrong, but for maximum sync with the state of Mozilla, I'd gather 52 would be better.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-15, 19:08

I am cool with that but we will need to alter the old codebase update service to accept it in the end.. I will work on this.. Should be as easy as modifying the conditional to just use build number only.. Pfft maybe we should just do this anyway..

Maybe simplify it to be conditional on higher appVersion OR higher buildID and ditch the additional complexity..
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-15, 19:15, edited 2 times in total.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-02-15, 20:01

Moonchild wrote:I'd gather 52 would be better.
This seems pretty reasonable.

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2018-02-15, 20:41

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:I question why you are building them yourself.
Based on UID alone I am guessing because the person is the same one who does the Nightly branded Windows XP builds of Pale Moon and Basilisk in the thread about New Moon on MSFN.

@roytam1,
If that guess is correct, let me just say thank you. I was meaning to register over there to do so, but you may have saved me registering for another site.
Last edited by kelendral on 2018-02-15, 20:42, edited 2 times in total.

roytam1

Unread post by roytam1 » 2018-02-15, 23:29

Off-topic:
kelendral wrote:
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:I question why you are building them yourself.
Based on UID alone I am guessing because the person is the same one who does the Nightly branded Windows XP builds of Pale Moon and Basilisk in the thread about New Moon on MSFN.

@roytam1,
If that guess is correct, let me just say thank you. I was meaning to register over there to do so, but you may have saved me registering for another site.
Sure, thats me.

Also my K-Meleon on Goanna builds are mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18203

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-16, 01:25

Windows XP is seventeen years old.. GET OVER IT. k.. Good to know who I need to avoid.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-16, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

roytam1

Unread post by roytam1 » 2018-02-16, 05:48

Off-topic:
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Windows XP is seventeen years old.. GET OVER IT. k.. Good to know who I need to avoid.
If I was you, I won't post such content here or you may get some bikeshedding.
Lets focus on actual code, but not discrimination.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-16, 06:51

Off-topic:
Do not give me orders or try and threaten me. This isn't 2017 and I am not going to be intimidated or forced out.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-02-16, 12:34

How about we all calm down again? We should not give outside elements the chance to call this place toxic or something like that. And exactly that escalations which happen again and again are helping all the ones who try to pull Pale Moon and the board into the dirt.

I guess we should all ask ourselves seriously the question: Do we REALLY want to see that? More than it already has happened?

We tend to criticize Mozilla for all their grave mistakes and PR disasters. And what happens? We too make the same mistakes in one way or another. If we want to be on a higher ground than Mozilla, we should also act that way.

Let's just agree not to agree. Who still uses Windows XP - Fine, they should do it as they have to accept the possible problems and dangers which are coming with it. All the one's who do not agree with further XP usage move on and have a good life on whatever operating system they may be sitting.

Are we all adults or not? :wave:
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-02-16, 13:07, edited 5 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-16, 12:55

Do we really need to issue warnings again over the use of XP or not? Seriously, both of you take it down a notch. Also, it's completely off-topic for this thread so stop it already.

Are we good? Carry on then.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite