Have mercy on us 32-bit souls

Forum for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: satrow

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Have mercy on us 32-bit souls

Unread postby Moonchild » Sat, 07 Jul 2018, 08:06

zapper wrote:I may have not read correctly the first time, but you said that 32 bit is more supported by companies and that is why you do it?

I'll repeat myself:

32-bit applications tend to be more stable on 64-bit Windows than 64-bit applications are.
That has nothing to do with company support or the bitness of the O.S. itself. 32-bit Windows is just as stable as 64-bit Windows.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

zapper
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Have mercy on us 32-bit souls

Unread postby zapper » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 00:25

Moonchild wrote:
zapper wrote:I may have not read correctly the first time, but you said that 32 bit is more supported by companies and that is why you do it?

I'll repeat myself:

32-bit applications tend to be more stable on 64-bit Windows than 64-bit applications are.
That has nothing to do with company support or the bitness of the O.S. itself. 32-bit Windows is just as stable as 64-bit Windows.

I never did get around to this, but thank you for putting up with my incessant questions.

Still interesting that's how it works though.

Return to “Basilisk”