it did some grep in the profile directory and found that user.js might be the source that extensions.blocklist.enabled automatically changes its value to true after each browser restart.
Therefor I set user.js->user_pref("extensions.blocklist.enabled", false);. Since then I did 2 restarts and each time extensions.blocklist.enabled has the correct value which is false.
I'm now lurking if something changes, and if so, Ill notice you 4 sure.
- Pale Moon guru
- Posts: 21705
- Joined: Sun, 28 Aug 2011, 17:27
- Location: 58.5°N 15.5°E
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
Anyhow. I removed all the urls of user.js as well as about:config, including all the telemetry urls. Up to now it appears to be stable. No blocklist troubles anymore.
Finally I wrote some cronjob checking extensions.blocklist.enabled for the true value each hour, sending a email to me, and automatically set blocklist.enabled back to false by the good ole sed.
Thanks for the support!
coffeebreak wrote:dodona wrote:I never edited user.js before.
The user.js doesn't exist by default (except in the portable version of PM, which to my knowledge is Windows-only) - It *should* only exist if the user creates it.
plain theories doesn't help.
I have no idea where the user.js came, and especially, why it had all the disturbing blocklist related settings.
Anyway its gone and basil works fine.
And, as I already wrote, this is not about warnings and most likely not about blocklist itself (regardless of the error messages). It seems there is something fundamentally wrong with Basilisk on Linux (see also the problem with Devtools).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: BLEXBot [Crawler], klink1948 and 4 guests