Error Message Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

klink1948

Error Message

Unread post by klink1948 » 2017-11-23, 23:44

I just installed Basilisk and used FEBE to install addons from PM. Whenever I open Basilisk or go to a new tab I get this Error:

Invalid Host Name
Please enter Valid Host Name

I am able to use the page after closing the error message.
Is there a fix for this problem?

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Error Message

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-11-24, 04:43

The issue may be with FEBE. Have you tried posting at Chuck Baker's Firefox Extension Forum? There is a specific area for FEBE. Chuck recently began directly targetting Pale Moon. Basilisk as a new fork of Firefox may not be on his radar. (You may want to include a link such as this one when you post to him.)

I have found him to be pretty responsive to user inquiries. :)
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

klink1948

Unread post by klink1948 » 2017-11-24, 16:24

gracious1 wrote:The issue may be with FEBE. Have you tried posting at Chuck Baker's Firefox Extension Forum? There is a specific area for FEBE. Chuck recently began directly targetting Pale Moon. Basilisk as a new fork of Firefox may not be on his radar. (You may want to include a link such as this one when you post to him.)

I have found him to be pretty responsive to user inquiries. :)
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out over the next few days.

klink1948

Unread post by klink1948 » 2017-11-25, 04:57

The problem was "Cookie Monster" extension by Tony Schilling. When I deleted it the error message went away. PM does not have any problems with CM, but Basilisk does not like it at all.