Flash Player?

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Smokey20

Flash Player?

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2017-11-22, 10:40

How do I get Flash Player to work? I can't do my ISP's speed tests nor can I do Ookla speed test.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 00;17;11001.png
If I go to Flash Player Help, I get conflicting information about whether it is installed.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 00;31;12001.png
Of course, I disabled Fx Tracking Protection at both sites so Flash should be working. I have Flash working all my browsers including Pale Moon and Fx 52.5 ESR so I can't see why it is NOT working on Basilick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Flash Player?

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-11-22, 15:01

I do NOT get the "Flash is required..." message in Basilisk.... Do you have this listed in your Plugins:
Basilisk Flash.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Smokey20

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2017-11-23, 08:34

I had "privacy.resistFingerprinting;false" set to "true" in about:config. An IT friend told me to check this. The thing is that I don't recall ever looking in about:config for Basilick as I only got it a few days ago! Plus, when I set it back to "false", it still says "user set". Why does it not say "default"?

I also have Fx 52.5 ESR and this preference does not exist in it so this is new to me in Basilick. I told Adobe they need to add information about this to their Help page as Flash can be up to date and properly installed but WILL NOT RUN if this preference is set to "true".

This explains why Adobe help for Flash was giving those conflicting messages shown in my screenshot in my first post.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-11-23, 15:19

That is odd, I do not have the "privacy.resistFingerprinting" pref in Basilisk and also do not have it in Pale Moon either..... :?

It would be included in the middle of this list of prefs in Basilisk if I did:
Basilisk no have pref.png
Did an extension you have add this pref to Basilisk in your case?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

hujan86
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hujan86 » 2017-11-23, 15:31

Classic Theme Restorer is a candidate. It has Anti fingerprinting protection listed under Advanced.
Avatar's Source: yereverluvinuncleber

Smokey20

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2017-11-24, 07:33

hujan86 wrote:Classic Theme Restorer is a candidate. It has Anti fingerprinting protection listed under Advanced.
I must have checked that when I was setting up CTR not knowing exactly what it was but preventing fingerprinting is always good I figured (not knowing that would disable Flash). That setting is not in CTR I use on Fx 52.5 ESR. I have the same version of CTR on both browsers but only Basilisk CTR has this antifinger print setting.

Nightbird
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Nightbird » 2017-11-24, 22:35

Smokey20 wrote:I had "privacy.resistFingerprinting;false" set to "true" in about:config. An IT friend told me to check this. The thing is that I don't recall ever looking in about:config for Basilick as I only got it a few days ago! Plus, when I set it back to "false", it still says "user set". Why does it not say "default"?
Do you use the CTR addon ?
Reset the preference in about:config => the default status has no value so I think that this preference is definitively added by the CTR addon (Pale Moon Rising does not have the "privacy.resistFingerprinting" preference).
Diversity is key.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.