Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.4 breaks Basilisk customization mode

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Kinpouge

Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.4 breaks Basilisk customization mode

Unread post by Kinpouge » 2017-11-19, 06:49

Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.4 breaks Basilisk customization mode. "Customize..." from a right click menu return either a blank tab titled "Customize Basilisk" or just nothing. Sometimes a second attempt works, but not always. Clean profile, no any other addons are istalled. Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.3 works fine.

The error console says:

Code: Select all

Tabmix:
change_miscellaneous was unable to change TabsInTitlebar._update.
can't find string
    titlebarContentHeight = Math.max(titlebarContentHeight, fullTabsHeight)

Try Tabmix latest development version from tabmixplus.org/tab_mix_plus-dev-build.xpi,
Report about this to Tabmix developer at http://tabmixplus.org/forum/
  places.js:772:7
Tabmix:
change_utilityOverlay was unable to change openLinkIn.
can't find string
    /win = Services.ww.openWindow[^;]*;/

Try Tabmix latest development version from tabmixplus.org/tab_mix_plus-dev-build.xpi,
  places.js:865:5
Tabmix:
change_gBrowser was unable to change gBrowser.setTabTitle.
can't find strings
    let isContentTitle = false;
    return this._setTabLabel
    { isContentTitle }

tablib.js:331:5
Tabmix:
change_gBrowser was unable to change gBrowser._setTabLabel.
gBrowser._setTabLabel is undefined.

TypeError: setting getter-only property "_startEndProps"  tab.js:906:7
	setTabStripOrient chrome://tabmixplus/content/tab/tab.js:906:7
	TMP_updateSettings/< chrome://tabmixplus/content/tab/tab.js:125:26
(It says to report this at Tab Mix Plus forum, but I can't register there as it says my IP is blacklisted. Lolwut.)

megaman

Re: Tab Mix Plus 0.5.0.4 breaks Basilisk customization mode

Unread post by megaman » 2017-11-19, 07:51

Oh wow. I remember coming across a problem with TMP last month, when I tested add-ons in Basilik, but I disabled it and forgot all about it.
I'll report it for you, then.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-11-19, 08:23

Thank you for that - I've just started playing with Basilisk and installing add-ons. One that I really like is Toolbar Buttons (it needs Sort and Search Cusomization Dialogs to get the buttons in order) but there were no buttons at all!
Now to find an alternative to TMP.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

makondo1

Unread post by makondo1 » 2017-11-19, 15:51

Kinpouge,
i'm a TMP forum admin. I registered here to try and solve the issue with your TMP forum registration but it won't let me to send you a PM here. If you're registered on Mozillazine forum, please send me a PM from there. Thanks!

Pizzapops

Unread post by Pizzapops » 2017-11-20, 17:41

I found the TMP beta Version 0.5.0.5pre.170827a2 works for me. Add-ons site wouldn't let me install the next beta 171027a1.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-11-20, 20:34

Pizzapops wrote:I found the TMP beta Version 0.5.0.5pre.170827a2 works for me. Add-ons site wouldn't let me install the next beta 171027a1.
2 problems come from that:
1. I installed it and it still have the white page where I have to reload manually, instead of the page reloading automatically clicking on the tab on browser start-up/restart.
2. This will mean that we have to jump versions and users will be throw their grievance at us because a new version doesn't work.
Off-topic:
Makondo suggesting WaterFox which is irrelevant as I came in for help with Basilisk support not for a browser alternative, a problem I have had with users here throwing "Use uBlock" when I was thinking that we should first see if we can solve the problem with the OP's add-on of choice first before throwing another add-on as an alternative(Then again, we can always throw tips on how to fix their problem and still suggest the alternative to consider if we can't find a solution or any proposed solution doesn't work). I'll test all versions on WaterFox since it might be a Firefox carbon-copy thus why if functions on all versions of TMP? Basilisk is not Firefox.
Off-topic:
Trying to download Water Fox using Basilisk and it says "Download For Mac." Might need to report that.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-11-21, 10:02

As TMP doesn't work and I don't want to risk the Beta version mentioned, I installed Tab Utilities Options mentioned in another thread (can't remember where now!). It does some of TMP's useful things and will do for now.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-11-22, 09:17

Pizzapops wrote:I found the TMP beta Version 0.5.0.5pre.170827a2 works for me. Add-ons site wouldn't let me install the next beta 171027a1.
It's certainly better than (not as bad as) the next Beta - at least the buttons do appear on reload.
Unfortunately all tabs are blank until reloaded. I really want to use this as there were also issues with the UI and Speed Dial with Tab Utilities Options.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-11-22, 11:04

Giraffe wrote:Unfortunately all tabs are blank until reloaded. I really want to use this as there were also issues with the UI and Speed Dial with Tab Utilities Options.
The only workable version is 0.5.0.3. At least to hold us for a while, since onemen is busy with Firefox builds.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-11-23, 09:09

Let's hope that he soon gives us a compatible version. I've had to remove TMP, so have lost a lot of useful context items and the tabs are now scrolling instead of multirow.
Looking through the Archive and AMO (AMO doesn't render/load properly in Bk; next page button is missing so there's effectively one page) almost all of the tab extensions listed are 'frivolous', ie do nothing really useful.