Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 2013-02-22, 19:08
- Location: NoDSL.de - rural central Germany
I was excited to read that Basilisk is supposed to further on support XPI add-ons of older Firefox versions, similar to Pale Moon.
Unfortunately, right the first one I tried was rejected. I guess more may follow, so I could imagine this thread as a collection of reports... if the development agrees.
- Save Session "could not be installed because it is not compatible with Basilisk version number" (but it still works in Pale Moon 27.6.1); this add-on provides a feature to save a session while closing the browser, which is automatically restored next time the browser is started; there are many feature-rich session managers out there, just no other seems to provide this specific feature, which is especially useful when e.g. a Windows Update urges to reboot in the middle of your work...
- Knows the dark side
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 2015-10-06, 16:59
- Location: Los Angeles CA USA
I've install a few FF AMO add-ons and sometimes they give the message that it cannot be installed but I install anyway and it is successfully installed and works. It's only if after the install attempt that you get the message that it was not be installed that you know it's futile. Once I install and it says it was installed instead of saying it was not installed the add-on is there and working in the browser for me.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising
- Localization Coordinator
- Posts: 1850
- Joined: 2015-09-03, 19:47
- Location: UA
Here are the add-ons I made in a spare time. That was fun!