Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

User avatar
Basilisk-Dev
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 59
Joined: 2022-03-23, 16:41

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-08-19, 12:33

I am not able to replicate any of the bookmarks related issues with Basilisk. I can freely move bookmarks around on the bookmarks bar. I am using the GTK3 build on Linux.

If someone can find a way to consistently replicate this on the Linux builds using a clean profile with no extensions I can look into it further.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

User avatar
fatboy
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 402
Joined: 2017-12-19, 08:03
Location: Canada

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-08-19, 15:17

Basilisk-Dev wrote:
2022-08-19, 12:33
I am not able to replicate any of the bookmarks related issues with Basilisk. I can freely move bookmarks around on the bookmarks bar. I am using the GTK3 build on Linux.

If someone can find a way to consistently replicate this on the Linux builds using a clean profile with no extensions I can look into it further.
I understand, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: When I restart Basilisk in Safe Mode with addons disabled, the behaviour persists. No idea why.
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Michaell
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 248
Joined: 2018-05-26, 18:13

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Michaell » 2022-08-19, 23:21

Safe Mode is not the same as a new profile.
Win10home(1709), PM31.3-portable

User avatar
fatboy
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 402
Joined: 2017-12-19, 08:03
Location: Canada

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-08-21, 01:48

Michaell wrote:
2022-08-19, 23:21
Safe Mode is not the same as a new profile.
I guessed as much
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

User avatar
Viper_63
Moongazer
Moongazer
Posts: 10
Joined: 2021-01-05, 22:52

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Viper_63 » 2022-08-27, 14:34

I am not sure if this belongs here or in a separate therad, but I am having trouble with pdf documents and the updated Basilisk version. Specifically they neither display, nor does the address resolve correctly in that I am also unable to donwload them.

For example:

https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads ... _FINAL.pdf

In Palemoon, the address gets resolved correctly and triggers a download prompt. In Basilisk the adress just results in the browser displaying an empty page, and trying to save said page brings up an index.html document. Any help would be appreaciated.

Michaell
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 248
Joined: 2018-05-26, 18:13

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Michaell » 2022-08-27, 16:58

Preferences / Applications set PDF to Always Ask (or Save File) will work. May not be your preferred option, but it's better than nothing.
Win10home(1709), PM31.3-portable

User avatar
fatboy
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 402
Joined: 2017-12-19, 08:03
Location: Canada

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-08-27, 23:46

Viper_63 wrote:
2022-08-27, 14:34
I am not sure if this belongs here or in a separate therad, but I am having trouble with pdf documents and the updated Basilisk version. Specifically they neither display, nor does the address resolve correctly in that I am also unable to donwload them.

For example:

https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads ... _FINAL.pdf

In Palemoon, the address gets resolved correctly and triggers a download prompt. In Basilisk the adress just results in the browser displaying an empty page, and trying to save said page brings up an index.html document. Any help would be appreaciated.
Install a pdf addons. Like this one, then basilisk opens the pdf in browser
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... src=search
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

User avatar
Basilisk-Dev
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 59
Joined: 2022-03-23, 16:41

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-08-30, 02:16

I've looked into the PDF issue and believe I have found the cause. This should be fixed in the next release.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

User avatar
Basilisk-Dev
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 59
Joined: 2022-03-23, 16:41

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-08-30, 03:50

Basilisk-Dev wrote:
2022-08-30, 02:16
I've looked into the PDF issue and believe I have found the cause. This should be fixed in the next release.
I was able to fix the pdf.js issue. This was caused by some leftover non-functional telemetry code in Basilisk's version of the pdf.js PDF viewer. I removed that broken telemetry code and am now able to view PDF files.

This bug fix will be included in the September 2022 release.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

User avatar
fatboy
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 402
Joined: 2017-12-19, 08:03
Location: Canada

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-08-30, 18:05

Amazing! Thank You! Looking forward to it
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

User avatar
fatboy
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 402
Joined: 2017-12-19, 08:03
Location: Canada

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-09-02, 04:05

I think I discovered a memory leak in Basilisk. I am using the linux build on debian.

I opened this website and the memory usage went up to 2.9 GB. I only have uBlock Origin and Self Destructing Cookies installed as addons. The browser froze, had to kill the process to regain control.

https://waxisdead.com/shop/wax-is-dead-ceramic-foam/
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 32987
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-09-02, 09:39

fatboy wrote:
2022-09-02, 04:05
I think I discovered a memory leak in Basilisk. I am using the linux build on debian.

I opened this website and the memory usage went up to 2.9 GB. I only have uBlock Origin and Self Destructing Cookies installed as addons. The browser froze, had to kill the process to regain control.

https://waxisdead.com/shop/wax-is-dead-ceramic-foam/
Why aren't you making a new topic for this instead of tacking it on to a release notification thread? I created an entire board for Basilisk for a reason :)
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

User avatar
Basilisk-Dev
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 59
Joined: 2022-03-23, 16:41

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-09-02, 11:52

Moonchild wrote:
2022-09-02, 09:39
Why aren't you making a new topic for this instead of tacking it on to a release notification thread? I created an entire board for Basilisk for a reason :)
I think going forward I'm going to start locking the release threads when I post them so that way people have to create their own threads for issues instead. I've had too many people reporting issues on this thread vs opening a new thread or an issue on the repo.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

User avatar
fatboy
Lunatic
Lunatic
Posts: 402
Joined: 2017-12-19, 08:03
Location: Canada

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by fatboy » 2022-09-02, 15:44

Moonchild wrote:
2022-09-02, 09:39
Why aren't you making a new topic for this instead of tacking it on to a release notification thread? I created an entire board for Basilisk for a reason :)
True, but you could argue that this bug is relevant to this release, and thus posted here.

EDIT: Post created on Forum
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=28790
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

User avatar
Basilisk-Dev
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 59
Joined: 2022-03-23, 16:41

Re: Basilisk 2022.08.06 Released!

Unread post by Basilisk-Dev » 2022-09-28, 13:48

A new release is coming in the next day or two. As such, I am locking this thread.
Basilisk Project Owner

viewtopic.php?f=61&p=230756

Locked