Important: This is the final public release of Basilisk. As such, it comes without an internal updater and will not check for future updates to the application.
To remain updated and secure, it is recommended at this point that you look for a different web browser like Pale Moon to continue browsing in a safe and secure manner.
Be mindful of hacks: There are currently no people eligible to continue Basilisk as a product under the Basilisk name. If you see any future updates claiming/pretending to be official Basilisk or an official continuation, they are most likely scams and should not be trusted with your browsing. If this situation changes, I will update this announcement and ratify any completed takeover.
- Improved application library loading security. DiD
- Fixed a potential out-of-bounds issue in IndexedDB. DiD
- Fixed a potential issue in widget data handling code. DiD
- Fixed potentially exploitable crashes in handling truncated/corrupt media files or streams.
- Fixed an issue in the DOM FileReader code.
- Updated NSS to 3.52.3 to address a security issue.
- Updated the installer to fix a rights elevation issue.
- Fixed the following security issues: CVE-2022-22736, CVE-2022-22741, CVE-2021-4140, CVE-2022-22746, CVE-2022-22744 and CVE-2022-22747.