Chaturbate text entry box weirdly 'censored' Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

Chaturbate text entry box weirdly 'censored'

Unread post by Couperin » 2021-04-13, 12:12

The approaching changes to extensions leaves me without 2 crucial ones that I absolutely require and cannot ever be forked as they are not open source, I'll explain after the gist of my minor issue. Decided to see if Basilisk can be a answer for now and the fact is it's doing the job...everthing acting normally or better...until I hit a weird issue with Charurbate. The chat text entry box appears as follows:
Chaturbate chat text entry box.JPG
In fact any text you enter does appear in the box and get sent, but no way to eliminate the grey censor image with arrows at each end covering the text. Saw there are some sites where white boxes result under Basilisk, but a grey 'censor snake ?

Running latest 2021.03.17 under Win 8.1. Safe mode makes no difference; just installed it a few hours ago so profile corruption seems unlikely. Using the Phontonic theme, but switching to Default made no difference either. I carefully checked that every other setting is identical to my Palemoon and tried adding the same useragent that works perfectly with PM, which alsoi made no difference. I've run out of ideas.

Why I need to switch. I am forced to use 3 browsers these days (best tools for jobs): PM, Vivaldi and FF. I managed to find a way to keep all 3 synced for bookmarks fairly easily: Eversync has extensions for all 3, and while they handle formatting slightly differently I found a rulke that works. Changes are only made first to PM then manually overwrite the cloud, then downloaded as overwrites to the other browsers. If you merge or start from anything but FF organization and folders have tons of duplicates... but it works if you follow the rules. Don't see any way we ever get a new Eversync extension.

Even more important LastPass is pretty much the only manager that has extensions for all 3. Amazingly I still have their 3.3.4 version operational on PM. I always thought they would kill it and that would be what drives me from PM. In fact 4.1.67 works perfectly and is a considerable improvement with Basilisk which allows continued efortless sync of passords

If there is no cure to this minor problem, I'll still consider migration to Basilisk 99.9% successful..

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Chaturbate text entry box weirdly 'censored'

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-04-13, 12:19

Could you try setting layout.css.scrollbar-width.enabled to true?

Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Couperin » 2021-04-13, 12:40

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. That's exactly what was wrong.

Thanks, now I won't appear nearly as illiterate chatting with one hand.... :mrgreen:

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-04-13, 13:03

This preference has been added in the beginning of this year and as far as I know it is set to true by default in Pale Moon, Basilisk currently sets to false. Don't forget to mark thread as solved.