Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey - Basilisk Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: satrow

Post Reply
User avatar
guyfromkcmo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 2018-11-04, 17:51

Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey - Basilisk

Post by guyfromkcmo » 2019-11-29, 00:45

All I'm looking for is a suggestion on a version of Greasemonkey that will work. Since finally upgrading from an ancient build of Basilisk, it's clear, even though I've forced compatibility settings to allow everything, it just doesn't work anymore, (Greasemonmkey settings pulls up a dialogue window with "XML parsing error," FB purity does nothing to Facebook, etc) I'm absolutely not a coder or anything, but looked up on Wikipedia that "GM_getValue is no longer supported." So is there an old version that'll work, am I fresh out of luck? -Thanks!
(Pardon, I tried literally 8 times to add this to the Basilisk topic area, and it just tells me to login and goes back to the home page so I cleared cookies and then relogged in, and it put me to the write new topic page instead of the home page, I have no idea what's happening or where this is going. So I apologize if this is cluttering something)

User avatar
moonbat
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back
Posts: 809
Joined: 2015-12-09, 15:45
Location: Australia

Re: Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey - Basilisk

Post by moonbat » 2019-11-29, 02:27

Use the Pale Moon specific fork , not the one on CAA. Works fine for me on both Basilisk and Pale Moon.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 4 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.

User avatar
guyfromkcmo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 2018-11-04, 17:51

Re: Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey - Basilisk

Post by guyfromkcmo » 2019-11-29, 20:29

Thank you so much, I tried searching in Basilisk's addons.basilisk-browser.org (wasn't found there) site, but it just never occurred to me to look for or try addons.palemoon.org (bookmarked now) So I was wasting time trying to find some version that isn't web extension, getting no where... Works perfectly now!

Post Reply