This is a development and security release.
- Removed experimental WebExtension support from the browser.
Please check your add-ons; you may need to find alternatives for extensions that are no longer supported.
For background to this change, please see the related forum announcement in this board.
- Removed more telemetry code from the platform.
- Finalized spec compliance of the IntersectionObserver API, and enabled it by default.
Related this, also fixed a number of browser crashes.
- Switched to the new ffmpeg decode API to avoid dropping of frames.
- Removed Mozilla-proprietary AudioContext constructor, improving spec compliance of WebAudio.
- Aligned Element.ScrollIntoView() with the spec.
- Fixed a buffering issue in the WebP decoder that caused intermittent browser crashes.
- Changed the Add-on Manager to the same one used by Pale Moon, unifying add-on handling.
Note: Some extensions that modify/style the Add-on Manager will have to be updated to work with Basilisk 2019 versions as a result.
- Improved resource-efficiency for internal stopwatch timers.
- Improved handling of incorrectly-encoded CTTS in media files, resolving some playback issues of videos.
- Updated SQLite lib to 3.26.
- Improved the Cycle Collector and Garbage Collector.
- Improved fullscreen navigation bar handling in the situation it has focus when switching to full screen.
- Aligned instanceof with the final ES6 spec.
- Fixed a potential use-after-free in IndexedDB code. (DiD)
- Improved proxy handling to avoid localhost getting proxied. (CVE-2018-18506)
- Fixed several potentially-exploitable memory safety hazards and crashes. (DiD)
- Improved Windows DIB clipboard data handling.