A place for Interlink users' discussion?

Archived user self-help and discussion area.
Forum rules
This board is for people who continue to use FossaMail, whether the last official build or later unofficial (private) builds. Exchange ideas, tips, etc. -- users helping users.
No official support will be provided here, this is purely for those who continue using FossaMail for as long as it's still viable.
snertev

A place for Interlink users' discussion?

Unread post by snertev » 2018-12-07, 14:32

Hello *,

Can we have a place on this forum (or elsewhere) for user discussions about Interlink MailNews?

This area is about "FossaMail"...

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: A place for Interlink users' discussion?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-07, 15:03

I would prefer not to use Pale Moon infrastructure for Binary Outcast Software. BinOC does have an IRC channel on freenode which you can get to via the web uhh.. Here.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-10, 19:31

I embedded an iframe to freenode webchat into the BinOC site along with a link in the sidebar on the Interlink page.. http://binaryoutcast.com/interact/. Interlink users should stop by!
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-10, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Michaell » 2018-12-10, 20:30

Don't know how many others might care but the issue for me with WebChat is the Google reCaptcha. I normally block everything google, but even after allowing the connections, it never works. I can use an IRC program including Isengrim's Ambassador extension, but then that exposes IP address. So, for others who care IRC isn't a great option. Way back in the early days before everybody had websites, email lists and usenet news groups were the primary means of support/feedback.

Apologies to Moonchild for posting here. :oops:
Win10home(1709), PM33.0.0-portable as of Feb 1, '24

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-10, 20:40

No one cares about your IP address.. As long as you have a router you aren't at risk for anything. My current IP address is 68.38.10.41 big fuckin deal..

No I am not going to run a news server nor am I going to have a sub-board or thread here. This was stated from the getgo.. The Issue Tracker and IRC Channel are the official avenues of BinOC Interaction and Support respectively for Interlink.

Get over your self and become a person and quit pretending to be some nebulous unidentified entity that we all must cater to.

As an aside, you CAN route an IRC client through Tor or whatever VPN you want.. However, I don't allow those types of connections on my channel for security reasons. The same would be true even if I did create a news server or forum of my own. I simply cannot risk opening up services to the abuse your ignorance and fear employs to get the illusion of anonymity which I can personally break through if I could be bothered. I can't be bothered by the way, more trouble than it is worth.

If that splash of reality causes you to stop using my software then so be it.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-10, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.