Pre-release Feedback Thread for Interlink Mail & News

Archived user self-help and discussion area.
Forum rules
This board is for people who continue to use FossaMail, whether the last official build or later unofficial (private) builds. Exchange ideas, tips, etc. -- users helping users.
No official support will be provided here, this is purely for those who continue using FossaMail for as long as it's still viable.
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pre-release Feedback Thread for Interlink Mail & News

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-29, 16:11

Since I have decided to push back First Release to the end of next week.. There will deff be another unstable or two coming out..

I don't know if I will publish one today but whenever I do.. I would like special attention placed on the Add-ons Manager both in Window and Tab form.. I have added a notificationbox (infobar) to it and removed the specialTabs incarnation so that code isn't duplicated.

Basically, I want you to attempt to install extensions both that are compat not compat restartless and not and make sure the notificationbox is working properly and there aren't any "StringBundle" or other overt errors in the Error Console.

For those interested in the code: https://github.com/binaryoutcast/binoc-central/commit/59a85e36f6ab5dc10129f81f9bab4140f5a040d5

Thanks in advance!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-30, 00:25

yami_ wrote:
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Also, what isn't obeying native OS styling on Windows and what version of Windows are we talking about?
  • The menu barmenuBarInterlinkClassic.pngmenuBarWinAPIClassic.png
    1. The Interlink menu bar is 1px taller than the native menu bar
    2. When Using Classic Windows theme in Interlink there is an additional horizontal divider above the menu bar
    3. The underlines of specific menu bar items letters are always visible in Interlink (and other UXP-based applications) while the native menu bar will only show them when you pres the ALT key
I explored the issue a little deeper..
897a0f0b-d028-4be5-b265-5baca332c976.jpg
for A) I will find out why it is 1px taller
for B) it is historically consistent if not perfectly consistent with Windows Native so I am gonna leave it ;)
for C) RESOLVED WONTFIX
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-11-30, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-03, 12:57

Had a strange issue today, perhaps a random glitch or something I did wrong. Was editing a draft from account1 at gmail.com. After sending it, it went to the Sent folder of a different account (account2 at gmail.com). Sent/Draft folder settings are correct, all pointing to "account1".

I opened the message, View/Message Source and there was no trace of "account2" username, it seemed to fully belong to its proper "account1".
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-12-03, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-03, 13:04

Sorry, forgot this: don't know if there's a "default" account, but "account2" is first on the account list and its SMPT settings are indeed set as default.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2018-12-03, 14:36

back2themoon wrote:Had a strange issue today, perhaps a random glitch or something I did wrong. Was editing a draft from account1 at gmail.com. After sending it, it went to the Sent folder of a different account (account2 at gmail.com). Sent/Draft folder settings are correct, all pointing to "account1".

I opened the message, View/Message Source and there was no trace of "account2" username, it seemed to fully belong to its proper "account1".
I've a similar issue with Templates on my hosting provider IMAP server.

I select a folder in account B, I compose a mail and then I save it as a template that is filed in account A "Template folder". The settings point to the right folder.

I'm looking for a bug in Thunderbird bugzilla right now.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2018-12-03, 14:38

snertev wrote:
back2themoon wrote:Had a strange issue today, perhaps a random glitch or something I did wrong. Was editing a draft from account1 at gmail.com. After sending it, it went to the Sent folder of a different account (account2 at gmail.com). Sent/Draft folder settings are correct, all pointing to "account1".

I've a similar issue with Templates on my hosting provider IMAP server.

I select a folder in account B, I compose a mail and then I save it as a template that is filed in account A "Template folder". The settings point to the right folder.

I'm looking for a bug in Thunderbird bugzilla right now.
The draft bug is already filed:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1497433

Edit: the bug is filed against TB version 60, but I'm enough experienced with TB to know that there are zombie bugs older than me. :D
Last edited by snertev on 2018-12-03, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-04, 11:05

Thanks for the links snertev. Looks like this is more serious than I thought, just found out I had replied to someone from a different account than the one I started the conversation from.

I am not sure what does "setting up the accounts carefully" means, here in the last comment.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-04, 11:19

Patches welcome on this issue. Though, I don't know why you guys are posting issues to this thread and NOT the issue tracker.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Actual issues like crashes or failures should go to the GitHub repository @ https://github.com/binaryoutcast/binoc-central/issues
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-04, 11:22, edited 2 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-04, 19:46

Unstable 6912 has been pushed out.

Baloo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Baloo » 2018-12-04, 21:55

Hello,

I am having difficulty using Interlink. When I attempt to set up a new account, I don't get prompted for a password in the Account Wizard, and as such my emails do not load. Additionally, I am unable to get Interlink to recognize the latest version of FossaMail to import data from. Would you know how I could simply import the previous data from FossaMail into Interlink?

All help is appreciated, thank you.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-04, 22:50

You will get prompted for a password if you setup your account properly. Also, it isn't going to import things from code-wise virtually the same application.. You will need to manually transfer your profile.. Just make sure you remove the calendar extension first as it won't work.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-04, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2018-12-05, 07:49

back2themoon wrote:Thanks for the links snertev. Looks like this is more serious than I thought, just found out I had replied to someone from a different account than the one I started the conversation from.

I am not sure what does "setting up the accounts carefully" means, here in the last comment.
In that context, I suppose he means the same order of accounts in each installation.

The wrong order can be a issue if you manually migrate your mail structure to interlink and then create the POP3 accounts.

Same thing for IMAP caches migration or access to the same IMAP account from different installations of Thunderbird/Interlink with different order of accounts.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-05, 09:07

I now see the account order is a bit different on the second PC: the two accounts that got their drafts mixed up are reversed. I thought I had simply copied over the profile from the 1st PC (which should maintain the account order, in theory) but perhaps I messed something up. I'll re-copy the profile to make sure they are the same and see what happens.
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-12-05, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-05, 09:22

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:Basically, I want you to attempt to install extensions both that are compat not compat restartless and not and make sure the notificationbox is working properly and there aren't any "StringBundle" or other overt errors in the Error Console.
For the moment, the only issue is this glitch:
Add-ons Manager.png
Haven't noticed anything extension-related in the Error Console except for this, which appears on every startup:
Error Console.png

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-05, 10:50

How did you get the glitchy text also are you using a theme? All thunderbird themes are incompatible now...

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-05, 12:47

No theme, but found out it's caused by the Cleanest Addon Manager 7.0.1 extension (attached). Didn't occur with previous Interlink, but not really a problem.
Attachments
CleanestAddonManager{7.0.1-signed.1-signed}.xpi
(16.99 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-05, 15:01

Previous build did not have a new notificationbox in extensions.xul.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-07, 00:14

I am pleased to announce that Interlink Mail & News has had it's first release. IF you were on the previous unstable channel you may want to uninstall and and reinstall with a fresh release build. Just make sure you don't delete your profile.

Apparently, the mar update didn't replace channel-prefs.js in defaults/pref/ of the application directory so while all unstable channel users have the full release version and the unstable channel is basically defunct you are still technically on the unstable channel.

Like I said, you can either uninstall and reinstall Interlink or edit the channel-prefs.js file and change it from unstable to release. Up to you.. OR you can do nothing and if the Unstable channel were to be used again you would be fed that build through AUS.

ANYWAY, thank you all for testing and evaluating Interlink and a special thank you to those who financially made Interlink possible. I really hope this is the MailNews client you wanted.

It will only get better over time, I assure you!

You all should move any issues or bugs to the binoc-central github repository going forward and please do not use the Pale Moon forum for support questions.. You can get on IRC @ freenode channel #binaryoutcast to ask me questions directly.

MODERATOR: Please lock this thread.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-07, 00:21, edited 4 times in total.

BobbyP
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BobbyP » 2018-12-07, 00:38

Congratulations! :clap:

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2018-12-07, 00:54

And a great release it is too! Thanks.

Can we have a link please?
My skills technical & otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB.NET, VB6, PHP, Javascript. Graphic Design, Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since 1985. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.