Changing accounts Topic is solved

Archived user self-help and discussion area.
Forum rules
This board is for people who continue to use FossaMail, whether the last official build or later unofficial (private) builds. Exchange ideas, tips, etc. -- users helping users.
No official support will be provided here, this is purely for those who continue using FossaMail for as long as it's still viable.
MGB1971
Moonbather
Moonbather

Changing accounts

Unread post by MGB1971 » 2018-09-05, 15:55

Say that I have an account called me@abz.net. I then find that abz.net are going out of business so I set up a new account called me@dhz.com.

Fine, I can now send and receive messages on my new account. However, FossaMail will attempt to send/receive on my old account that has many messages stored on my computer (POP account). Is there any way of preventing FossaMail from attempting to send/receive whilst still displaying the old Inbox and Sent Items?

Grant

TechnoLurker
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Changing accounts

Unread post by TechnoLurker » 2018-09-05, 20:14

You could turn off check for new messages in Account Settings for the first account. Would be pretty simple.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-06, 06:05

To clarify: you click the "View settings for this account" then go to server settings and uncheck the boxes that control checking for new mail. See attached image.

Ultimately you may want to move all your mail to some local (offline) mail folder and remove the account entirely, because manual checking (get all new mail) would still contact the old account's servers.
Attachments
popsettings.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MGB1971
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by MGB1971 » 2018-09-14, 18:31

Thank you both for your very useful replies.