fossamail thunderbird extension installation issue...

Archived user self-help and discussion area.
Forum rules
This board is for people who continue to use FossaMail, whether the last official build or later unofficial (private) builds. Exchange ideas, tips, etc. -- users helping users.
No official support will be provided here, this is purely for those who continue using FossaMail for as long as it's still viable.
Rob Scouse

fossamail thunderbird extension installation issue...

Unread post by Rob Scouse » 2018-02-18, 21:20

Hello Pale Moon Forum Members,
Let me preface this POST by saying I am new to Pale Moon , Fossamail, but have used Thunderbird,Firefox without major problems,crashes....
:arrow: :coffee:
that being said...I would like to know how I may install thunderbird (or firefox?) extensions in Fossamail (or Pale Moon browser??)??
There seems to be no way of installing said thunderbird extensions from the extension website...so is there a way of "manually" installing the "xpi" extension files downloaded from FF,Thunderbird extension website?? :?: :?: :?:

I appreciate any,all replies!

andy80
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: fossamail thunderbird extension installation issue...

Unread post by andy80 » 2018-02-19, 01:29

I think one possibility for FM is to download the xpi files for thunderbird, open the add-on manager in FM, click on the gear, and then choose "Install Add-on from File...".

Anyway, what is the problem with searching the add-ons directly from the add-on manager of FM?

Thehandyman1957

Re: fossamail thunderbird extension installation issue...

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-02-19, 02:00

Not sure what add on's your wanting to use but I have a few from Thunderbird that work just fine.
Screenshot - 2_18_2018 , 6_59_37 PM.png