Is there a migration path to Thunderbird?

Archived user self-help and discussion area.
Forum rules
This board is for people who continue to use FossaMail, whether the last official build or later unofficial (private) builds. Exchange ideas, tips, etc. -- users helping users.
No official support will be provided here, this is purely for those who continue using FossaMail for as long as it's still viable.
Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

Is there a migration path to Thunderbird?

Unread post by Weboh » 2017-07-18, 14:09

I've used Fossamail for a long time, but since support has been dropped and Yahoo Mail is giving me issues with Fossamail now, I'd like to move to Thunderbvird. However, I don't want to have to set up all my RSS feeds, extensions, and calendar and everything.

Is there a way to import our Fossamail profile into Thunderbird? If not, could you make one? I know there's a Thunderbird to Fossamail migration path. How much work would it be to reverse it?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Is there a migration path to Thunderbird?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-07-18, 14:52

You should be able to simply copy the profile across to Thunderbird. There are no shocking incompatibilities that I am aware of.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Weboh
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Is there a migration path to Thunderbird?

Unread post by Weboh » 2017-07-18, 15:45

Yep, I can. Thanks. I just needed to delete the default TB profile and rename the copied FM profile to the what the default one was. I also copied over the FM Lightning extension (to get my calendar data) and then disabled it (so I can use TB's Lightning extension which actually works with it.

You might want to put the information on migrating to Thunderbird on the announcement for the discontinuation of Fossamail.