Download locations

Archived user self-help and discussion area.
Forum rules
This board is for people who continue to use FossaMail, whether the last official build or later unofficial (private) builds. Exchange ideas, tips, etc. -- users helping users.
No official support will be provided here, this is purely for those who continue using FossaMail for as long as it's still viable.
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Download locations

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-03, 00:32

The Windows Installer is 7zip compressed. It has better compression than zip.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-04-03, 00:45

Ahh, Thank you for the clarification. :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-13, 11:33

FossaMail 38.9.0a1 (unpublished) is available.
This brings the mail client up to speed with sec fixes and stability updates to this date.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-05-13, 23:34

Awesome, Thank you. :mrgreen:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-29, 05:21

FossaMail 38.9.4a1 (unpublished) is available.
This brings the mail client up to speed with sec fixes and stability updates to this date.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

LAR Grizzly
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by LAR Grizzly » 2018-07-29, 14:24

Moonchild wrote:FossaMail 38.9.4a1 (unpublished) is available.
Thank you, Moonchild!!!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18

Tohuwabohuix
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2018-10-08, 16:48

Moonchild wrote:
Latitude wrote:Would you create your own private builds regularly?
Nope. Irregularly at best. When I feel a security update is pertinent for my use.
Will You carry on to offer your private builds of FossaMail as download to the forum members in spite of the development/existence of Tobin's "Interlink Mail & Newsgroups" ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-08, 17:51

Sartorix wrote:Will You carry on to offer your private builds of FossaMail as download to the forum members in spite of the development/existence of Tobin's "Interlink Mail & Newsgroups" ?
Unlikely. I'll probably switch to Interlink myself.

werano
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by werano » 2018-10-19, 19:23

it's pretty quiet at interlink

werano
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by werano » 2018-10-19, 19:33

where to download those 38.8...?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-10-19, 19:37

werano wrote:where to download those 38.8...?
First post, see "Unofficial/unpublished private builds".

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-10-20, 01:19

werano wrote:it's pretty quiet at interlink
I am working on it, and my facilities, infra including server upgrades to handle that and my other projects plus resurrection of the Binary Outcast.

Additionally, I am still not at 100% from a recent sciatica flare up. Muscle relaxers to prevent spasms as well as Physical Therapy twice a week and the same streches and excercises every day regardless and most importantly not sitting for more than a few hours at a time without minor stretching all cut into my time. The days of sitting and coding for 8, 12, 16 hours a day are behind me and if I defy that and do it anyway I pay for it.

In any event, expect to see establishment of a proper updating unstable channel and a linux test build by the end of the month.

Remember, my manditory year development and maintainace commitment period starts at first release not first build just to be fair!

You can track some of what I am doing via https://github.com/binaryoutcast/binoc-central/commits/TRUNK
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-10-20, 01:29, edited 3 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-02-08, 10:03

Since Interlink's stable pre-release state I've been using it and will be using it for the foreseeable future.
Since I am no longer a consumer of FossaMail, I'm no longer updating it for my own use -- it is officially completely dead at this point. No further updates to FossaMail (neither official nor unofficial) will be made.

If you are still using FossaMail, please switch to Interlink or a different mail client as security vulnerabilities will impact (and are impacting) FossaMail and it should no longer be considered safe or advisable to use.

The FossaMail homepage will soon be updated to reflect this state by forwarding all visitors to the Interlink page automatically.