XML Parsing Errors Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: XML Parsing Errors

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-03-22, 21:43

vannilla wrote:
2021-03-22, 21:35
In both cases the served document is the same, it's just the value of the header to change.
So that's an error on the side of the website then. A very peculiar error, but most definitely something we can't do anything about as the browser does exactly what it should be doing in that case (headers take precedence over in-document doctype identifiers).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-03-22, 21:54

Indeed, but at least we know where the error is.
I'm going to quote myself to reiterate what I suggested:
You might want to shoot a mail to the drivehq developers telling them to change the header to text/html.
And I'm going to add to that to ask them to simply drop the user agent sniffing since they serve one type of document only.

moonbob69
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by moonbob69 » 2021-03-23, 10:23

But why
Moonchild wrote:
2021-03-18, 00:22
There is an unescaped & there but that does not trigger an error.
and
jobbautista9 wrote:
2021-03-18, 04:05
I just downloaded a 28.16.0 Linux binary from archive.palemoon.org and accessed drivehq.com on 12pm PHT. Made an account, tried login. Both works fine.
Wouldn't those have the same problem?
I have
general.useragent.compatMode;1
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox;false
general.useragent.compatMode.gecko;true

I don't remember changing those things (getting Citibank to work is next challenge) and can't find what current string is.

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-03-23, 10:32

moonbob69 wrote:
2021-03-23, 10:23
Wouldn't those have the same problem?
Because the default compatibility mode is "Firefox Compatibility", which is why I didn't have the problem.

I just set the compatibility mode to "Gecko Compatibility" and "Native", and both of them resulted in a XML parsing error.
moonbob69 wrote:
2021-03-23, 10:23
I don't remember changing those things (getting Citibank to work is next challenge) and can't find what current string is.
Maybe you installed an extension before that for some reason changed those prefs, and then when you uninstall it, it didn't reset the prefs back to default.

This is why it's so important to provide troubleshooting info, and to try testing it in a fresh profile before reporting.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

moonbob69
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by moonbob69 » 2021-04-02, 20:07

In their first email after the problem was explained to them, drivehq.com didn't seem to know what a "content-type header" was.

But its fixed now, for any of the compatibility options.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-04-02, 21:11

moonbob69 wrote:
2021-04-02, 20:07
drivehq.com didn't seem to know what a "content-type header" was.
Oh snap! :lol:
This isn't exactly something in their favour.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-02, 21:27

For the service they are marketing? No, that's quite damning.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite