Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar Topic is solved

The place to report Pale Moon specific bugs on Linux and other operating systems.

Moderator: satrow

chentz
New to the forum
New to the forum

Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar

Unread postby chentz » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 17:44

Sometimes I need to change the input method when typing in the URL bar or the search bar. Once I hit the shortcut to change the input method in Ibus, everything that I just typed are selected. It is quite annoying that if I do not unselect them before typing new words then all the previous words will be covered.

This issue only happens in the URL and the search bar. I can normally change the input method in the web forms.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar  Topic is solved

Unread postby Moonchild » Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 18:57

Switching input method probably counts as a click to re-focus the input on the address bar.

Go to about:config and set browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll to false
Last edited by Moonchild on Thu, 19 Jul 2018, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

chentz
New to the forum
New to the forum

Re: Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar

Unread postby chentz » Fri, 20 Jul 2018, 14:46

Moonchild wrote:Switching input method probably counts as a click to re-focus the input on the address bar.

Go to about:config and set browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll to false

That works. Thank you.

Return to “Bug reports (Linux & other)”