Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
chentz

Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar

Unread post by chentz » 2018-07-19, 17:44

Sometimes I need to change the input method when typing in the URL bar or the search bar. Once I hit the shortcut to change the input method in Ibus, everything that I just typed are selected. It is quite annoying that if I do not unselect them before typing new words then all the previous words will be covered.

This issue only happens in the URL and the search bar. I can normally change the input method in the web forms.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-19, 18:57

Switching input method probably counts as a click to re-focus the input on the address bar.

Go to about:config and set browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll to false
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-07-19, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

chentz

Re: Issue with changing input method by ibus in the url bar or the search bar

Unread post by chentz » 2018-07-20, 14:46

Moonchild wrote:Switching input method probably counts as a click to re-focus the input on the address bar.

Go to about:config and set browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll to false
That works. Thank you.