Favorites and History Buttons diasppeared Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
ilkeryus

Favorites and History Buttons diasppeared

Unread post by ilkeryus » 2018-06-19, 15:52

After the last version, Favorites and History Buttons diasppeared at both Linux (Ubuntu, Mint) and Win 10.
I can see the buttons at the toolbar when I open the customizing window. But when I close it, buttons disappear again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Favorites and History Buttons diasppeared

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-19, 18:28

Did you enable the menu bar? If so, the buttons will not remain displayed because the menu already has bookmarks and history menus.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

context
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by context » 2018-06-20, 04:01

I've experienced an issue that might be related.

On this most recent update (27.9.2 to 27.9.3, I think), I lost the large icons that I had managed to implement using a combination of themes and settings. I also lost the settings that I had made to have wide tabs (160-pixel, instead of the 100-pixel standard).

As yet, I haven't had time to retrace the exact steps I went through a few months ago. But this is the first update that has upset my apple cart, so to speak. And it could be due to a simultaneous update of the theme or something else.

I'm run the 32-bit version on Win7 and have not noticed problems with the few plugins I use (mainly for ad blocking).

I thought I should mention this as it may help identify some common cause and prevent future upsets.

ilkeryus

Unread post by ilkeryus » 2018-06-20, 17:20

Moonchild wrote:Did you enable the menu bar? If so, the buttons will not remain displayed because the menu already has bookmarks and history menus.
Thank you. It runs.

I cannot understand. I don't use the menu bar. Because of I saw the buttons were disappeared, I used the menu bar necessarily. But now, I removed the menu bar and buttons are visible again. :coffee:
Last edited by ilkeryus on 2018-06-20, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.