Form auto fill changed

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
wildchild

Form auto fill changed

Unread post by wildchild » 2018-02-11, 13:05

There was a time when forms on a webpage were auto filled and I only had to click on 'login'. Now I have to type the first letter of the username or email address and only then the form is filled. IIRC this was introduced with 27.7.1. I did not find anything the changelog that would explain it. Was this changed intentionally and how can I get back to the way it worked before?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Form auto fill changed

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-11, 13:08

wildchild wrote:I did not find anything the changelog that would explain it.
You are obviously lying... You also obviously didn't search the forums and found one of at LEAST four threads where this was asked.
5d4b567f-ded2-4f5e-b28e-e4f14faa5ba7.jpg
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-11, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-02-11, 21:35

wildchild wrote:... how can I get back to the way it worked before?
Preferences > Security > Passwords > Automatically fill in log-in details :)

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2018-02-12, 00:32

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
wildchild wrote:I did not find anything the changelog that would explain it.
You are obviously lying... You also obviously didn't search the forums and found one of at LEAST four threads where this was asked.
*tobin*, you just contradicted yourself:
- If he was obviously lying, he must have searched the forums.
- If he obviously did not search the forum, he could not have found anything, so he was not lying.

If 2 contradicting things are "obvious", how did you know any of them was true?

And in case it's not obvious: That was unnecessarily rude of you.
Last edited by tlaloc77 on 2018-02-12, 00:39, edited 2 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-12, 01:04

If he had read relnotes he would have seen it written plain as day clear as crystal. If he had searched the forum he would have found one of the handful of duplicate threads.. Neither are the case so he is either lying or an idiot.. What other conclusion can be drawn?

tl;dr this thread shouldn't exist yet it does.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-12, 01:08, edited 3 times in total.

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-02-12, 01:50

That was unnecessarily rude of you.
Made me giggle that did, you OBVIOUSLY don't know Mr Tobin. :thumbup:

wildchild

Unread post by wildchild » 2018-02-12, 12:23

New Tobin Paradigm wrote: You are obviously lying... You also obviously didn't search the forums and found one of at LEAST four threads where this was asked.
As I wrote my recollection was (wrongly) it had been introduced with 27.7.1 and this is how far I went in the changelog. According to your screenshot the change was in 27.7.0.

Thanks to SpockMan02 for the hint to fix this.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-12, 12:44

rabnbeinn wrote:
That was unnecessarily rude of you.
Made me giggle that did, you OBVIOUSLY don't know Mr Tobin. :thumbup:
You obviously encourage such rudeness .
I cannot believe that tobin is an ambassador for pale moon and if the pale moon team wants to attract more users then obviously a change is required in terms of attitude towards users,but obviously as history dictates it would be like banging your head against a wall.

For the love of peace tobin do not ever enter politics ,your country,s administration has caused more than enough unrest in our planet without strife being caused here.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-02-12, 16:02

Deal with it. I am too busy doing the impossible on a daily basis for no pay (FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE) to worry about about the fragile sensibilities of someone who lied to me. Ctrl+F on relnotes would have prevented this thread from ever being created as would a simple search on the forum. Don't blame me when I point this stuff out.. I didn't do it.. They did.

So why do you get to point out the unwise, negative, or otherwise aspects of what I do while I apparently can't do the same.. Wouldn't your highly prized political (and you brought THAT in here I didn't) correctness have prevented you from calling me out in the same way I call other people out?

So why when you are offended you get to speak out but I can't when I am offended eh? You know what offends me? Stupidity. Stop being offensive Moonraker.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-02-12, 16:07, edited 6 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-02-12, 22:28

The level of immaturity in this thread is astonishing.

Locked. Temped to give EVERYONE here an official board warning.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite