Zooming in/out doesn't change svg size Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
wolf_

Zooming in/out doesn't change svg size

Unread post by wolf_ » 2017-12-11, 12:23

Zooming seems to ignore svg images. Here is url I found it on: https://data.wolfsden.cz/stroke_order/genki.html . When you zoom in/out (CTRL + mouse wheel) only size of the letter on the left changes, the svg image on the right remains the same size.

I'm using pentadactyl but don't think it's relevant for this particular issue.

Moonchild Productions Pale Moon 27.6.2

Linux ws 4.14.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 5 19:10:06 UTC 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Zooming in/out doesn't change svg size

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-13, 05:13

It works for me.

Pale Moon 27.6.2 (64-bit), with and without Imagus

MacOS 10.12.6

wolf_

Unread post by wolf_ » 2017-12-13, 08:40

Possibly linux exclusive bug then?

Anyway I've made some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/kvI2e ; one for 100% zoom (default), one for max zoomed out (the bug) and one of max zoomed out chromium for comparison (expected behaviour).

EDIT: I've disabled pentadactyl for this so it's not the one causing it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-12-13, 19:26

check about:config -> browser.zoom.full
If it's set to "false" it will only zoom text. "true" will zoom text and images. If you didn't change this yourself, on of your extensions may have changed it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2017-12-13, 20:20

I tried this out of interest, and for me on Linux i686, the letters on the left stay the same, but the images on the right zoom with CTRL -_ += normally. When I first looked at the linked page a couple of days ago the letters on the left were smaller than they are now. They are now so big they are slightly blurred and out of focus, and if I shrink the images down the letters overlap and get jumbled together. They are actual font letters, the pointer turns to a cursor over them, and is an arrow over the brush stroke diagrams on the right. Perhaps they are treated like some sort of margin? I also searched and found some other svg image examples and could zoom those normally too. Font display can sometimes be affected by what font packages are installed too.
browser.zoom.full; true
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

wolf_

Unread post by wolf_ » 2017-12-13, 20:50

Moonchild wrote:check about:config -> browser.zoom.full
If it's set to "false" it will only zoom text. "true" will zoom text and images. If you didn't change this yourself, on of your extensions may have changed it.
Yep that was it. Interesting, don't remember setting it and only extensions I use are pentadactyl and ublock. Will see if it comes back to false.

For now thank you so much for the advice :)

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-14, 22:57

Moonchild wrote:check about:config -> browser.zoom.full
wolf_ wrote:Yep that was it. Interesting, don't remember setting it….
You may have accidentally set it in the menu, like so:
Zoom Text Only.png
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀