Show my windows and tabs from last time Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
asd666

Show my windows and tabs from last time

Unread post by asd666 » 2017-10-15, 14:58

I go to menu "Edit - Preferences - When Pale Moon starts" and select "Show my windows and tabs from last time", but on start it loads homepage.

Version 27.3.0

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Show my windows and tabs from last time

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-16, 07:52

Have you considered upgrading to the latest version, which 27.5.1?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

asd666

Unread post by asd666 » 2017-10-27, 05:29

In 27.5.1 i see only blank page after palemoon start

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-10-27, 11:12

How are you shutting down the browser?

Do you use File -> Exit (or Pale Moon button -> Exit) - or do you click the 'X' in the corner of the browser window?

If you're clicking the X, the browser might not be shutting down properly and therefore not remembering the session. See here, especially this post.

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-10-28, 19:29

If you use "custom settings for history" and you have checked "clear history when PM closes" then on "settings" for this option you have to uncheck "browsing and download history" also perhaps uncheck "forms and search history" because if those 1(2) options are checked then "show my windows and tabs" will not work.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

asd666

Unread post by asd666 » 2017-10-29, 05:35

Sometimes it works. Sometimes not.
Does not matter - if i close with quit or close window button.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-01, 00:58

Have you checked what @badnick indicated?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

asd666

Unread post by asd666 » 2017-11-01, 14:10

Ok, now i found and uncheck checkbox "Edit - Preferences - Privacy - Clear history when palemoon closes"
Hope it helps
But it will be good make these settings by default or make console script, which i can execute to restore all my preferences, bookmarks and passwords from/to file.