Tutanota website crashes browser Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
velkro

Tutanota website crashes browser

Unread post by velkro » 2017-09-13, 01:57

Hi,
I'm on gentoo, I compiled the latest stable pale moon version 27.4.1 and when I go to https://app.tutanota.de/ my browser crashes. I believe this is a bug in the browser itself, it crashes even when I use uMatrix addon.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Tutanota website crashes browser

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-09-13, 03:05

velkro wrote:I compiled the latest stable pale moon version 27.4.1
1) The latest stable is actually 27.4.2. What version of compiler did you use? The recommended compiler version is gcc 4.9. Gcc versions 5.x and 6.x have been known to introduce stability problems in the resulting binaries.

2) Have you tried accessing that site using the official binaries available at linux.palemoon.org? Do you still experience a crash with the official version?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

velkro

Unread post by velkro » 2017-09-13, 03:35

1) I'm using the hardened gentoo toolchain, gcc version 5.4.0 (Gentoo Hardened 5.4.0-r3 p1.3, pie-0.6.5)
2) Thanks for linking the precompiled binaries, the site doesn't crash with those.

I guess its the hardened toolchain or gcc version causing the issues.

Thanks again, I'll just use the compiled binaries for now. :D

Donotfillintheblank

Unread post by Donotfillintheblank » 2017-10-08, 11:54

velkro wrote:Hi,
I'm on gentoo, I compiled the latest stable pale moon version 27.4.1 and when I go to https://app.tutanota.de/ my browser crashes. I believe this is a bug in the browser itself, it crashes even when I use uMatrix addon.

Thanks! :thumbup:
I have come across this website too some time ago, and am almost 100% certain it crashed my browser on me too.

I was using 27.4 at the time (probably 27.4.2, third party build from Khrustychoty, not sure of the name).... I was addressing this issue generally (not specifically for this website) in a dedicated thread.