Palemoon 27.4.2 has high CPU usage, sluggish and freezes the system Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
truongtfg

Palemoon 27.4.2 has high CPU usage, sluggish and freezes the system

Unread post by truongtfg » 2017-08-27, 06:20

Greetings,

On my machine running Linux Mint 18.2 XFCE, the latest Palemoon 27.4.2 has high CPU usage (100%) and freezes the whole system when I open about 5-7 tabs. When I downgrade it to 27.4.1, everything runs smoothly again with >15 tabs running with no issue (CPU usage rarely pass 50%, too).

My computer spec: Core 2 Duo E8600, 2x2gb DDR2 RAM, Zotac Geforce 650GTX.
List of addons used:

uBlock Origin
Imagus
Xmarks
DownThemAll!
FlashGot
VimFx
Private Tab
DownThemAll! AntiContainer
Reader
Google search link fix
Capture & Print
Extended Statusbar
Quick Context Search

Hope this help.
Thank you.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Palemoon 27.4.2 has high CPU usage, sluggish and freezes the system

Unread post by adesh » 2017-08-27, 10:46

I' running the same version on Linux/XFCE with normal CPU usage.
It's probably one of the extensions that is causing the issue. Try disabling them one by one to find the culprit.

truongtfg

Unread post by truongtfg » 2017-08-28, 14:19

When I reinstalled Palemoon 27.4.2, it's weird that it works better (more responsive) than the first time I installed it, although the CPU usage is still a little bit more "jumpy" than 27.4.1.

truongtfg

Unread post by truongtfg » 2017-09-02, 13:24

Recently I've discovered that one of my RAM sticks was faulty, when I replaced it everything was smooth sailing again.