Safe Mode not removing Persona

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Safe Mode not removing Persona

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-12, 11:15

Restarted PM 27.4.1 in Safe Mode. All extensions disabled, EXCEPT for a persona (lightweight theme) that persists despite being in Safe Mode.

All add-ons disabled...
All themes disabled, except for the one that isn't...
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Safe Mode not removing Persona

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-12, 11:36

Lightweight themes are just toolbar backgrounds... In what way do you expect this to be a problem that you want to work around with Safe Mode?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Safe Mode not removing Persona

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-12, 11:57

Well, I just assumed that Safe Mood would disable the persona. If it says "all extensions disabled", then that sounds like it would include everything, including personas. I was really surprised to find that it didn't do this. I wouldn''t know what to anticipate if the persona continues to run.

But now the Add-ons Manager has stopped showing the correct them in normal mode.

I created test profile FOOBAR with Persona Switcher and some personas and some full themes added. Selected Noia Moon theme with Happy Clouds persona. Restarted PM in Safe Mode. Happy Clouds persona persisted. Deleted Persona Switcher. Restarted and in Safe Mode dialog selected "Reset all user preferences to Pale Moon defaults".

Now PM is clearly using the default theme. However, the Add-ons Manager believes that the "active" theme is Noia Moon.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀